Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I had heard earlier in the spring that DOW had thoughts of stocking both Palmer and Monument Lakes this year if there was enough water in them. Then I heard the residents of those towns were adding water to those lakes so the could be stocked. Does anyone know if they ever got stocked or not? I used to love taking the kids to those two lakes and fishing the entire day on the weekends. They were also nice lakes to hit in the summer after a long day at work.
Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
249 Posts
My dad is the chief of Woodmore Public Safety and he said they did stock it. He also told me that Woodmore Lake behind the office has tons of northern pike in it. But your not aloud to fish in it. He said he walked out 1 morning and a pike jumped up and my dad estimated it to be probably 20 or 25 pounds.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Craig, does anyone around here fish either lake? I will probably be taking my sons the next weekend I have them.
Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
The DOW here in CS told me Palmer has pike it it-they survived the severe drawdown the lake had before they filled it this summer. Monument has trout and they told me they have plans to add warm water species next spring. Monument used to be a good bass lake many years ago.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My dad just said they stocked it a couple weeks ago. And they ALL died. They were all floating saturday. And palmer lake keeps drying up. Hope that helps. So either lake has NO fish what-so-ever.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Some business owner donated the money to stock Monument.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts