Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and son and I went to Palmer Lake for a couple of hours yesterday. It was nice!!! I caught my first Northern Pike on a Rapala. The thing swallowed my whole lure and had the balls to bite my line off and swim away with it. LOL! My son caught a fat Yellow Perch on a nightcrawler too!! We caught a couple of Trout too!! My sons only 4 years old so I don't want to burn him out on fishing so I made sure we brought his Monster Trucks and played too! Z-man wrote me last year on fishing with your kids and I really took it to heart!! I want to make sure he enjoys it like his Daddy but not in a way he would get tired of it.. To all my Colorado Fisherman its gonna be a good year of fishing!!! Have fun and keep your fishing spot clean!!!

By undergroundfisherman at 2011-03-21

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Cool!! That's a darn fat Perch..

D.J.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Nice pics! I have to take two girls 10 and 7 when I go fishing and the youngest doesn't like to go because I wake her up at 4am. Any ideas on how I could help them enjoy their experiences?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Nice! Is that a tear of joy I see coming from your son's eye? I know I would be like that if I caught that perch! Did you get a measurement?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FISHAH0LIC said:
Nice! Is that a tear of joy I see coming from your son's eye? I know I would be like that if I caught that perch! Did you get a measurement?
That tear was from before this picture he fell off the swing and cracked his lip. The perch was 10 1/2 inches long , she had a belly on her too!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Benson said:
Nice pics! I have to take two girls 10 and 7 when I go fishing and the youngest doesn't like to go because I wake her up at 4am. Any ideas on how I could help them enjoy their experiences?
Let them sleep in. LOL Bring toys and make sure there enjoying it. My wife comes with me and plays with him while I am fishing so thats a big plus!!! Around here the fishing is so good you can go later in the day when its warmer and catch fish. Last year I was taking my son fishing and wouldn't leave for along time. I almost burned him out because he started saying he didn't like to fish. So to solve that dilemma I make sure its all about him having fun and don't fish all day when he is with me. It's really working out well now.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
undergroundfisherman said:
Benson said:
Let them sleep in. LOL Bring toys and make sure there enjoying it. My wife comes with me and plays with him while I am fishing so thats a big plus!!! Around here the fishing is so good you can go later in the day when its warmer and catch fish. Last year I was taking my son fishing and wouldn't leave for along time. I almost burned him out because he started saying he didn't like to fish. So to solve that dilemma I make sure its all about him having fun and don't fish all day when he is with me. It's really working out well now.
pretty much what happens with me is I stayout all day also! Next time I go fishing i'm going to give them swim lessons and throw them in!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts