Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,918 Posts
One night, after mountain biking, a few friends and I stopped at the bar in Heritage Square in Golden for a cocktail (we knew one of the bartenders). Some guys who frequently paraglide Lookout Mountain go there after their day. One of the guys ended up hooking up with a friend of mine.

I don't remember the guy's real name but he went by "Roadkill" (no relation to Roadkill here on CF). He had once lost control of his paraglider and landed in the intersection in front of Coors in Golden. He had also been filmed tangling himself up in power lines (this film was featured on a FOX reality show one time). While he was going out with my friend, he managed to lance his leg with one of those green stakes they use in between posts on barbed wire fences.

Looks like fun, but I'll probably pass. It was really cool watching videos that they shot while paragliding earlier in the day on the TV in the bar over a few beers.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah.......I litigated one of those paraglider cases once. I wasn't enamored of them either.

A couple of fatal sky-diving lawsuits convinced that really wasn't for me, either. :D

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I saw some folks paragliding at beaver creek this past Sunday/Monday. I thought it was crazy how they were landing right next to the area ski lifts.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A friend of mine runs a commercial hot air ballooning business in Sioux Falls, S.D., and a few years ago was hired to go as high as she could so a skydiver could jump from her balloon.

He made the jump just fine, deployed the parachute just fine, but didn't see the power lines until it was too late.

He wasn't hurt, but now everyone in town calls him "Sparky".

True story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts