Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have some knowledge about any good fishing spots around the Parker area? I usually fish at a private lake in my subdivision but its not the greatest. We tried to fish this afternoon but the Carp and the Wiper are spawning and are just ruining any chance of catching anything else. I've fished this small lake since I was little and the only real good ones I have to show is two 14" largemouth out of about...6 years. I don't care really as to what I catch but I love to Bass fish even though I've never really had a good chance to catch a lot of bass. I usually trout fish down in Arkansas since some family lives down there so I always have a chance to do that. I don't have a boat so shore fishing is my only option. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I too live in Parker and as far as I know there are no places to fish in Parker. For catching Bass i'd say the closes place to us is Quincy.

-Jay

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Kids get Hooked on Fishing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/29/2005
Kids get Hooked on Fishing

The Parker Recreation Department is teaming up with the Colorado Division of Wildlife to offer Hooked on Fishing at the pond at Meridian Business Park on Saturday, June 4.

This one-day event will familiarize youth with the basic skills needed to catch the ?big one,? including casting, knot-tying, and angler ethics. Anglers will have the opportunity to fish a pond filled with hungry rainbow trout. No fishing pole? No problem! The Colorado Division of Wildlife gives each participant a free rod and reel and assorted tackle to take home at the end of the day. The program is open to boys and girls ages seven through 12. Participants must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

Participation is free this year, but kids wanting to participate in the program must pre-register through the Parker Recreation Center, 17301 E. Lincoln Ave., 303.841.4500, by May 27. Participants may register to fish 9 a.m. to noon, 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., or noon to 3 p.m. A hot dog lunch will be served.

Program information and registration forms are available in the Summer 2005 Parker Recreation Brochure. The brochure is available at the Recreation Center or online at www.parkerrec.com.

Volunteers are needed to make this event a success! Call Dave Lovell at 303.841.4500, ext. 3264 to sign up to volunteer.
###

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about the ponds around chatfield and cherry creek? I've heard some decent fish have been coming out of those. I don't mind driving to chatfield just not everyday lol. I'm hoping that the fishing here at the lake near my house will get better as the weather gets better and the water warms. I had heard that quincy has been getting some decent bass out of it too, just I dunno how well I'll do with no boat lol.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My first time out to Quincy this year was walking also and It was great. you can walk in about half way in (2 miles) and find a deep hole or if you have waders, you can get to deep water that way. It has been my favorite so far this year.

·
Registered
104 Posts
hey there consider purchasing belley boat 2 start with, it will provide u with lots of entertainment, then mabey a small v bottom or flat bottom, there inexpensive, @ creat lots of challenches. good luck @ have a good summer.

M

·
0 Posts
about the meridian post earlier, go there the night of the fishing derby thing and those trout will eat anything

word of advice, keep them all, they r big and dumb, but the water gets too warm and all the trout are dead by the end of june
i fished every day there froa aweek last year and its tons of fun, but the trout cant handle the poor environment, i would catch one, release it quickly, and it would still float up, but they r fun, also there r big carp in there

·
Registered
27 Posts
If You know anyone who lives in the pinery there is a lake off of north pinery parkway that has some good size wipers bass and stocker trout also carp but you have to be a resident or be with a resident. Ive heard of 10# wipers out there but do not not know if it is true.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that is the lake in my subdivision :) Its name is Bingham lake and yes its a private lake cause its owned by the pinery water district and you have to get a liscence from them to fish there so they check your address and residency and such. There are a lot of wiper in there, just them and the carp are doing nothing but spawning right now so its not real good fishing quite yet. Hopefully once thats over and the water gets a little warmer the fishing will pick up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
People in the pinery do not like poor folk like me fising their lake.
Last time I was at that lake I got checked twice.
Good thing my friend lives there.

So if you want to fish this lake you better have an income of 400k or better or Know Some one
Right DERAJAMIN

MRPLOW

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will agree that it is expensive now to live in the pinery. I've been in this house ever since I was 6 months old so back then when my parents got it, it was not expensive. It was almost like being out in the middle of no where, we didn't even have grass or anything when we moved in. I'm still gonna try my luck there over the summer when I get time off work, it consumes me during the summer. Many hours at work dreaming of fishing lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
OBTW just to be honest after the MAG FAHNC came out it mite give you some tips. for being able to fish some parker lakes. please respond conspiculacy.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The wife and I were on Lincoln @ Meridian Saturday, coming back from a Gun Show in Denver. It was raining and we were very curious what was going on at the Pond. We drove by the Pond and seen some kids fishing. It sure wasn't the best weather to have a nice fishing event going on for kids, but............ We only hope the kids had fun, didn't get to wet, and caught some trout. Heck, we didn't even know there were any fish in that pond.
We live in Parker (off Hilltop) and have never heard of any fishing areas in Parker. It would be nice if there was one, but......
I heard that Cherry Creek Lake is not the best place to fish and I was also told not to eat any fish out of that body of water.
On the other hand, Chatfield is suppose to be a real "hot spot" for fishing. We want to try there this coming weekend (pending weather conditions). We have a boat, so hopefully we can get into some different areas.
I heard that another "hot spot" for fishing is Centennial Lake for trout.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i have a fishing and hunting magazine and it says bingham lake is open to the public now so i might go try it and cenntennial lake is good for trout i;ve caught 20 inch trout in there along with 5 pound bass very deep lake off federal and oxford

1 - 16 of 16 Posts