Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who don't know Pastorius reservoir is just a few miles outside of Durango on the way to Farmington NM. I went out to try my new float tube. Arrived around 10:00 a.m. Only 1 boat and two shore fishermen at first. Lots of weed growth surprisingly for this time of year. Started fishing near the dam with a 1/4 oz gold and maroon kastmaster. no luck. kicked over past the boat dock and made a wise decision by doing so. I caught 5 stocker rainbows around 12 inches. Missed two larger trout. Then hammered an 18 inch Holdover I guess from the previous year. Kept going around the lake , snapped my kastmaster off. Tied on a #2 gold mepps first cast caught an 11 inch bluegill. Wind kicked up around 12:30 p.m. so I decided to call it quits and go to work. Happy fishing

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow- 11'' Gill !!! The state record Bluegill was only 11.5''( 2.4 lbs ). Dude, thats a master angler fish. Did you get pictures of it? Is there many lakes that way with big Bluegills?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No there aren't any pike left . They drained it to work on the dam several years. The water level fluctuates. It is an irrigation reservoir. As gor pictures of the gill I was been so busy latelt I forgot to put a new battery in the digital camera. I did let the bluegill go though.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
durangofish said:
No there aren't any pike left . They drained it to work on the dam several years. The water level fluctuates. It is an irrigation reservoir. As gor pictures of the gill I was been so busy latelt I forgot to put a new battery in the digital camera. I did let the bluegill go though.
yeah I know of a guy who caught a 27 pounder (pike) there. Boy, it sure would be sweet if they got in there...too bad they won't get stocked. Nice gill, must be a very fertile lake for a gill of that size.

F

·
0 Posts
durangofish, My uncle fishes there regularly. Was there last summer with him and we were catching 2 at a time on boogers and drys. He's in a white Duramax and probably in a tube or potoon. Always fly fishing. It's an amazing little lake.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
what is the size of the lake?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts