Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys and gals recommend for patching holes in an ice fishing hut?

Shorty O0

·
Registered
75 Posts
DEPENDS ALOT ON THE TYPE OF MATERIAL. I HAVE A SHAPPEL 3000 THAT IS A SYNTHETIC CANVAS. I HAVE REPAIRED IT SUCCESSFULLY BY FIST SEWING THE TEAR AND THEN USING IRON-ON DENIM PATCHES. THE REPAIRS HAVE LASTED SEVERAL YEARS SO FAR.

G

·
0 Posts
If it is canvas, Cabela's sells a patch kit for boat covers that works very well. Cut to fit material and adhesive- got three extra years out of my boat cover and the patches never even tried to lift off.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
you can get repair patches for tents and back packs from good camping stores like REI and just match up the weight of the patch material with the weight of you hut material most are self adhesive or iron on but i would recomend sewing round the edges for a more durable job

R

·
0 Posts
Shorty said:
What would you guys and gals recommend for patching holes in an ice fishing hut?

Shorty O0
I have a Shappel also, duct tape worked just fine. It just looks a little Ghetto! :D

·
Registered
459 Posts
I used clear packing tape for cracks in the windows of my shapell 3000...worked like a charm.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
i see that we are not the only ones that just can't seem to go wrong with usl(the company that make the calm's and fish traps) they just make and service a better product, definetely not the cheapest but in my opinion probably the best. i have owned 3 usl shelters and they all kicked a$$

1 - 10 of 10 Posts