Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody on this site know about any pay lakes here in the state? Bass, trout, crappie? it doesn't matter.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
All the State Park lakes such as Boyd, Chatfield, Cherry Creek & such are good pay lakes.... Unless you're not including reservoirs in your question. A good pay lake for wiper is Union in Longmont too. That place is like $5 per vehicle and another $5 if you've got a boat. There's also Arvada reservoir.... I think it's like $5 or $6 there, I don't remember..

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
1eyeReD said:
That place is like $5 per vehicle and another $5 if you've got a boat.
Dont forget, If you bring a bike its an extra $4.00 or something. Explain that one to me?

-Jay

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
1eyeReD said:
That place is like $5 per vehicle and another $5 if you've got a boat.
Dont forget, If you bring a bike its an extra $4.00 or something. Explain that one to me?

-Jay
Ahhh hahhahaa!! I know, that stuff is funny.. I've actually seen bikes come in and stop to get passes before.

·
Registered
472 Posts
What about a private lake listing? Or private property with limited fishing access? I seem to find a few in scattered sources but know there is a lot more.

RMAC and Carol Anne are the ones I know about and have contact #'s for...but what about others?

Any help is mucho appreciado. Matt

·
Registered
408 Posts
Gold Lake up near Ward is a pay lake. I've heard there are some lunker rainbows in there. I think it may be pretty expensive, though.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I quess I mean private fishing lakes. You the ones where there are so many members and it is an annual fee.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
I almost sunk the $$$ into the RMAC membership but after talking to the lady in charge, I have to get my fly fishing skills back up to par. NO SPIN GEAR allowed.

If anyone has an RMAC membership and need someone to tag along, shoot me an e-mail. I'll pay your rod fee and 1/2 the gas!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are there any clubs that do allow spin gear? I'd consider paying for a membership to a club if it allowed me to avoid the masses.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I wish there were more pay lakes. Unfortunatly most metro area ponds/lakes get alot of idiots that think because they caught something no matter the size they must keep it. There could be tons of good fishing close to home if people would catch and release. That and the dow really needs to manage warm water lakes like warm water lakes. On the western slope and eastern metro especially.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I forgot on the way threw Green Mountain Falls there is a pay lake there. But the sign says trout, you can catch these anywhere so I wouldnt pay for it.

There also is Rocky Ridge Fishing CLub which has a 300 acre lake and annaul fees of under 500$. http://www.coloradopros.com/fishing.htm

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thanks Epic, I had forgotten about this one. There are a few of the bi-laws that keep me from pursuing a membership here.

1. The 300,000 liability boat insurance. I just have a one man pontooner and can't justify the extra expense for such a small craft. (I should probably call and confirm this requirement).

2. Fishing season is April 2nd to September 24th (waterfowl season). That limits me from fishing here when I need private water the most (except holidays).

But they do restrict the keep quantities and stock enough variety to make it worthwhile. Anyone have any experiences here or can provide more info?

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Epic you are the man. Looks pretty cool I am going to call them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts