Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mad props for throwing her back! Only a true walleye man can toss a fish like that back. I'd wanna cuddle with it for a night or two

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
NICE!!!!!!

WTG and tough it out man.. Paid off in pounds.....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone, especially from FishDr considering he is the main reason I got started in swimbaits (so maybe I should loathe him for the hundreds of lost hours and huge loss of fishing funds). ;)

I feel very fortunate to be able to hit the water as much as I do and actually feel guilty about it sometimes because I know superior anglers that don't have my luxury and are relegated to maybe one or two outings a week, if they are lucky. I assume it will all even out eventually though. In a couple decades I will likely have a more stable job and possibly a family and will be hearing about fishing exploits from the new young guns and those recently retired.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
You are definitely right about that ^ LOL .....that family and career life definitely takes it away from you. But it's just another enjoyable chapter of life if you play your cards right.

Enjoy it while you can, man!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Don't ever feel guilty about it. Most of us that will die at work got to do similar stuff in our youth. Those that get to retire will get to do it in retirement. When I worked in Alaska it was for 5-6 month stretches. Any down time while there I got to fish world class stuff. Off season, when not working on the boat, there was lots of fishing in WA rivers. Get it while, or when you can!

·
Registered
471 Posts
What got me about your story, was when you mentioned the stress of catching a fish like that when you are alone. Yes, it is very stressful and emotional, I've been in that situation a few times. You did very well, and congratulations on the amazing catch and release!

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
You are definitely right about that ^ LOL .....that family and career life definitely takes it away from you. But it's just another enjoyable chapter of life if you play your cards right.

Enjoy it while you can, man!
Wait a minute...aren't you fishing right his very minute, dickbag? :upfinger:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Dude, holy f**k. You are the man! I've been tossing a 8" hudd all year to no avail, granted targeting a different species. It takes even more dedication to throw them for eyes. Way to go man

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Congrats on sticking to it and getting a PB! Persistence pays off. Looks like a ripe female full of eggs. It's so cool to see and hold a fish like that in person. photos never do them justice. Keep castin'!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Nice fish!!!!! Cool that you got it on a swimbait! I don't think i cold throw one of those for more than a half hour, lol.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts