Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I moved to the western slope about 3 years ago, I have spent very little time chasing bass. I've been very jealous of everyone's success with bass this spring, so I decided to go for some and see what I could come up with. Westsloper has been nailing them on cranks, so I tied on my favorite (rapala dt in hot mustard) and went to work. I found my way over to the dam, where the only structure I could really find was, and first cast towards it I missed a fish. The next 5 casts, all to the exact same spot, produced 4 fish, then a short time later my pos crank broke. It was the only one I had brought, so I decided to chase some gills for a bit. Didn't have any success with that, just a goofy lookin bass.

First of the day

My new PB! 20", had a huge head. It had some type of fungus on the anal fin...

Then 2 more like this

Then my stupid lure broke....

Goofy bass

And some bear tracks I found walking around the lake

Thanks for lookin!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Congrats on the PB!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Nice! I think that last pic is really a squatch foot print. Thanks for the post.Tight lines man.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

That's not a bear track - it's bigfoot! Run! I hear he's been living off of goofy bass down there!
Nice! I think that last pic is really a squatch foot print. Thanks for the post.Tight lines man.
There are some caves around the lake, who knows what's in them lol

That PB is a damn good looking fish any weight estimation? Congrats.
Not really sure...if I had to guess, probably around 4#. It was pretty thick, but not real fat.

·
Registered
127 Posts
those dang dt's will drive a man crazy... i've broken several within a few casts and they all break in the same place. they def catch fish though

nice work... that lake looks awesome with the clear water and rocks. seems like prime smallie territory as well. any idea if your water has them as well?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Nicely done sir! Cranks are about the only thing I'll throw around here until the water warms up. I can't handle that slow soft plastic fishing. And that spot looks very familar...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts