Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I moved to the western slope about 3 years ago, I have spent very little time chasing bass. I've been very jealous of everyone's success with bass this spring, so I decided to go for some and see what I could come up with. Westsloper has been nailing them on cranks, so I tied on my favorite (rapala dt in hot mustard) and went to work. I found my way over to the dam, where the only structure I could really find was, and first cast towards it I missed a fish. The next 5 casts, all to the exact same spot, produced 4 fish, then a short time later my pos crank broke. It was the only one I had brought, so I decided to chase some gills for a bit. Didn't have any success with that, just a goofy lookin bass.

First of the day

My new PB! 20", had a huge head. It had some type of fungus on the anal fin...

Then 2 more like this

Then my stupid lure broke....

Goofy bass

And some bear tracks I found walking around the lake

Thanks for lookin!

· Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!

That's not a bear track - it's bigfoot! Run! I hear he's been living off of goofy bass down there!
Nice! I think that last pic is really a squatch foot print. Thanks for the post.Tight lines man.
There are some caves around the lake, who knows what's in them lol

That PB is a damn good looking fish any weight estimation? Congrats.
Not really sure...if I had to guess, probably around 4#. It was pretty thick, but not real fat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.