Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is "Holy freakin crap!"

Another round today... My personal best redear sunfish and a BEAST!!!!

What a blast on that little ice rod! 12.5" and 2.5 pounds. I have to get a better scale... my junky Wal Mart one gets you close, but not spot on. Need a Boga. Tennessee state record is 3 pounds, 6 ounces---so I wasn't real close... but maybe one day, and I want to be ready.

These pix are deceiving... You cannot see how FAT and thick this fish was.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Man, That a 'trophy" for sure....
Won't see any like that in Co.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas. Biggest sunfish I've ever caught aside from LMBs.

@hobie---

I re-read the title... Looks like I'm talking about JIF on Saltines. :)

·
Registered
24,553 Posts
Read the title and thought you hooked yourself.
I thought Neal was ice fishing in the dark he's been impaled more than the 7th cavalry at the little big horn!

Owen buy a 5 lb digital postal scale for that pond...I have one in my garage that I have beat the hell out of for weighing lures, jigs, lead, etc...accurate to fractions of an ounce...operates on a couple of AA batteries...turns itself off...can find them on amazon for ten to twenty bucks...perfect flat side for weighing big panfish...turns itself off after a minute to save battery life...read the buyer reviews on them when you choose one...search amazon for digital postal scale...buck can weigh things like frogs and rocks and stuff and play with it too...

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What a beast! Awesome job landing that one.:thumb:

Thanks, slap. I was hoping you'd see this thread, as we share a similar fascination with panfish.

If you ever get a chance to visit out here, you'll have a freakin ball fishing my little pond. 3 species of panfish and they're all magnificent specimens.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Pond in the back yard?
Beast man

For a pan fish :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Thanks, slap. I was hoping you'd see this thread, as we share a similar fascination with panfish.

If you ever get a chance to visit out here, you'll have a freakin ball fishing my little pond. 3 species of panfish and they're all magnificent specimens.
One of these days I'd like to do a trip to reelfoot with my grandfather. Not sure how close that is.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I'm guessing right next to the 6.5# Pella bass and the 22x22 smallie? ;)
Touchy! Relax just giving you a hard time. That Pella bass was 10 years and 15or 20 cell phones ago. I haven't fished there in ages. Now go catch a cat, they should be all over.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One of these days I'd like to do a trip to reelfoot with my grandfather. Not sure how close that is.
Reelfoot is quite a ways... Up that way is the Land Between the Lakes... Where the Cumberland and Tennessee Rivers come together and make Kentucky Lake and Lake Berkeley... That's arguably the sickest fishing in all the southland...

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Touchy! Relax just giving you a hard time. That Pella bass was 10 years and 15or 20 cell phones ago. I haven't fished there in ages. Now go catch a cat, they should be all over.

Yea... They SHOULD be everywhere. We've caught cats....

But PDC on catfish...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts