Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit up Fromunda lake with Coffee Joe. A little nippy to start the day, the cold front had a definite effect on the bite. Walked all the way in and checked on the snagging scum. They weren't doing too well and we headed downlake to areas more productive to sport fishing.
i got a 14" smally on 2nd cast but nothing but perch taps for the next hr. Moved a couple times and found the proper mix of cliffs, depth, and little perch.

Joe got a 17" small on a blade while I caught nothing. After an hr. I put on a kasty. 1st cast got a 4.1 lb small and then broke one off and lost another easily the same size.

The bites were very slight I blame the post frontal conditions for that. Also I feel being NOT bass guys the hooks were not set hard enough to get a good hold in the mercury laden beasts.

after a couple small smalls, we moved to another spot and joe landed 3 smalls, broke off a big one and missed several. I got 1 small small and a bunch of little perch.

That was about it, left at 415pm. The piggies have the feed bag on for sure.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Good looking fish fellas, fat and healthy, the fish not you guys.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Good job on the PIG Smallmouth - that lake is a blast! No toothy critters this time?

I can never get a perch over 5" out of there, they have to be in there don't they?

This is obvious as sh*t, but Ill say it anyway - those Kasty hooks suck and should be replaced with a better hook.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
even God takes a break now and then-

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Wheres the smallie rocks of death and zip lock smallie fillets?

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kept a couple little guys, gonna fillet them at halftime. Threw that tough old buzzard back-

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Kept a couple little guys, gonna fillet them at halftime. Threw that tough old buzzard back-
Smear it with blew cheese and throw it in a pressure cooker with the head on...New Jersey delicacy!

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are they even stocking kokes in there these days?

Nice report by the way.
we asked the koke guys as they were leaving and they all got some.

We caught the bass on the bottom 20-30 ft down working metal as slow as humanly possible.

There are some decent perch in there but they are few and far between. To borrow a phrase from Z, "Too many teeth" in that lake.

I wish I could fish it again b4 it closes on Friday.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Homeboy.....what the heck is up with the lack of meat pics. I'm even beginning to miss the blew cheese taco pics.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice! I shoulda gone fishing... Dimensions on the smallie?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts