Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got to a spot today and on my first cast (with a pearl swimn caffeine shad drop shot) I had a potential pb bass hit and miss my soft plastic right in front of me. I was super bummed but I stuck to my guns, figuring that I had a good chance at another if I got bit so quickly. I ended up getting another just as the ranger pulled up- I looked back to see who it was and I got bit. This time I landed it. It was my first fish ever on a dropshot rig and definitely my pb public largie. I was using 6lb test.

Some kid pulled up and I threw on a 168 s waver. I nailed this walleye first cast.

After probably an hour or so, I asked the dude what he was using because he hadn’t caught any fish. I handed him two caffeine shads and told him to dropshot them. He got one soon after.

Needless to say, he was stoked. It was a good day...I have a video of the bass I might post soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the first cast I was doing the technique where you just lift and drop the bait but I didn’t get bit so I started just pulling the line in slowly and she nailed it. For the second fish, like I said, I got bit right when the ranger pulled up and I turned around. So I think she bit it as it was falling or on the bottom but I’m not positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Nice work Whomp!!!

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Nice bass... Drop shotting is fun when you have to :lol:

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Good job sharing your bait with the kid. He will remember you and that day for the rest of his life.

·
P I K E
10,111 Posts
Awesome Whomp, congrats on the PB!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts