Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shooting fish in a barrel. We fished for 45 minutes today, having no crawlers. Senkos on big 3/0 worm hooks.

Here are pictures of the smallest and largest of the afternoon. Buck got his new PB LMB, right at 18 inches and girthy.

We caught 8 total in 45 minutes (heat of the day)-- all varying in size between these two. Fun times. =)

Buck's bass went aerial on him twice. That was a show.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really, but Buck loved it. We were hoping to get some catfish to strike those Senkos.

The only one that really battled was the big one. The 9-16 inchers rolled over and logged up to shore--- we were using 6 lb mono.

Buck had a blast on the big one though. I'd rather catch cats, but it was a fun time, for sure.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
I'm with ya Owen...bass way over rated...dumber big sunfish...lol...

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I gotta say, those Senkos are about worthless after 2-3 fish... The first one lasted 3 fish, the second 2 fish, and the last one 3. Of course, after the big one, that last one was tattered to ****... Managed one more small one after that on that ripped up piece of plastic, but DAMN.

They're more expensive to use than buying crawlers every trip!

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Nice oprah
Try yum brand....
Screw yamamotos

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks fellas. I have some nice Sebile A.T. worms that look very promising... I'll give those a shot this week.

The product demonstration videos for the A.T. are pretty slick!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep... I caught 6 to his 2, but he had the upper hand on size.

And 18" is a conservative estimate. Because it was such a rushed and unplanned outing, I did not have my tape with me.

I look at this pic compared with the nice catfish he caught (which WAS measured) and I'm starting to think... This bass might have been close to, if not beyond, a 20 incher?

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Owen a dollar bill is 6 inches...so if you dont have a tape it works and great in a pinch...

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good tip. I always have my cheap scale/tape combo with me, but for some reason, I forgot it this time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts