Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had to make a run to do a quick repair, so we took a little detour on the way back for some pike/laker shore fishing. We didn't get any pike and only 1 18 inch laker, but I l lucked into my personal best reservoir bow. It hit a CD9 rainbow rapala about 3 feet from shore, the fight was kind of anti climactic because as soon as it hit it just started barrel rolling, I just eased it on to shore and man was the fish going completely ape **** because it was so fresh and not tired out. I gave the tail the death grip and picked it up for the pic.
I didn't get a measurment or weight because the fish was not letting me handle it. But I guess at least 32" and 11 to 14 pounds.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Great fish, man... regardless of details.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Even I can respect a Double Digit Rainbow, Thanks for posting!!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
NICE!!!!!

GREAT CATCH SIR.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
thanks again dudes. Amazing how commonly stuff like this happens when you are least expecting it.
I caught my biggest brown after looking down and messing with all the line i just stripped, picked up my rod tip and the fish was there. No skill involved what so ever untill I had to fight and land the fish.

This time, catching a big rainbow was not on my mind. All I had to do to land this bow was walk backwards about 5 steps and it was maybe a 15 second fight..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts