Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm a believer in swimbaits. Been throwing jerks for two years hard at this spot. Decided to switch it up and stuck a pig at dusk. I wasn't fishing for more than a half hour when she struck. I'll have a length soon....had to cut a piece of string as I don't have a tape measure on me and I'm still fishing. I have a video of the release that I'll post soon. I was using the lite trout river2sea s-waver, 6 and 3/4 inch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just hooked another that felt just as big and it came off at my feet. Gonna go back to my car and get ready to fish through the night...

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
great job Whomp and congrats on the PB!!!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So my freakin sb rod ended up breaking on a cast last night. Seems like it was kinda meant to be based on timing. I'm surprised it didn't break earlier because I've closed a couple windows on it and stuff.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The eye measured just over 28 inches and that was without pinching the tail....

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Way to go on the fish and thanks for sharing the bait-du-jour! I also like the last hour or so before dark - seems like that's a magical hour for me but I rarely stay until after midnight.

The Sebile Magic Swimmers have produced for me in the past but not so far this fall. Dark nights ahead!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Way to go on the fish and thanks for sharing the bait-du-jour! I also like the last hour or so before dark - seems like that's a magical hour for me but I rarely stay until after midnight.

The Sebile Magic Swimmers have produced for me in the past but not so far this fall. Dark nights ahead!

Ya I think it's silly when dudes make a big deal about keeping their lures secret....typically when i find out what they're using, it's as basic as what everyone else is using and I've already got like five in my box.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Ya I think it's silly when dudes make a big deal about keeping their lures secret....typically when i find out what they're using, it's as basic as what everyone else is using and I've already got like five in my box.
Agreed. You still have to know how to fish the bait. Almost everyone has kasty's but not everyone fishes them as well as (ahem) others...

Again, beautiful fish.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts