Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
We aren't even close yet. It will get 3-4 times faster.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The Poudre peaks the first or second week of June on average. Dry, hot years will bring the peak near the end of May. It hasn't been really warm this year and it is only the 25th of May and the Poudre hit 4500 cfs today! That is a big flow for the Poudre and there are 2-3 week left before the snowpack has blown it's wad.:eek2:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Poudre peaks the first or second week of June on average. Dry, hot years will bring the peak near the end of May. It hasn't been really warm this year and it is only the 25th of May and the Poudre hit 4500 cfs today! That is a big flow for the Poudre and there are 2-3 week left before the snowpack has blown it's wad.:eek2:
Good grief. We did not get nearly that much snow jeez.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
The Colorado near Kremmling has doubled the past week almost at 8000 Its been a few years since the river has had this amount of water. I bet it jumps past 10,000

·
Registered
301 Posts
snowpack

Lad, I think the only place in Colorado that didn't get covered up in snow was the Southwest. 'Fraid the chances are over now.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yup, fished the Blue through Silverthorne yesterday, since it is one of the only moving water options near me right now. It gets old, hooking a fish, runs you into current where you can't keep up, and then goodbye!

Fishing pieces are coming off of the raft frame. It's time for some whitewater fun for a while.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The Colorado below Glenwood Springs is running at 16,500cfs, will more then likely be over 20,000cfs by the weekend.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
It gets those big numbers, because it's so wide. Lots of water passing by, but not as fast as the numbers would lead you to believe.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
^^^Correct^^^
This is the veiw from my back proch. Our bigger island (in the back) is about 10 acres during low water its about 5 right now.

Low flow (mid March)

Current flows

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
2800 at parkdale
Highest it has been all year and keeps rising!

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
At Browns Canyon the Ark is 1000cfs above the 50 year average for this time of year.

Wait until it peaks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts