Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went fishing up at Pearl Lake up by Steamboat/Hahns Peak area. The lake is completley ice free but you have to hike the road in due to some snow it's worth it though since the fish are hitting. I caught 2 16+ inch cutts using a kastmaster, my friend caught a bunch using a roostertail and my buddy caught some fattys flyfishing he actually caught a Grayling. The fish seemed to be hanging out somewhat deep. Really nice lake with some really pretty Colorado River cuts.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Eolus,

Thanks for the report, I'm going to Pearl and Steamboat during the holiday weekend.  I take the family up there every Memorial  Day.  I'll post a report when i get back.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I got the itch to head up to Pearl one night...and left at about 2 am to get up there at a decent time. On the way i "bumped" a slow deer crossing the road, (didnt hut it i think, i didnt see it anywhere so it was still running when i went to look for it) and got to the lake just in time to put in my bellyboat and kick my way about a half mile around the lake to fish some brush on the far side. it was nice fishing...for about 22 minutes, until a windstorm blew in and made me burn about 9,000 calories kicking my way back to safety. i did see some nice grayling though...that was about 8 years ago when there were still a good population in there, its a nice place....if it aint too windy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.