Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went fishing up at Pearl Lake up by Steamboat/Hahns Peak area. The lake is completley ice free but you have to hike the road in due to some snow it's worth it though since the fish are hitting. I caught 2 16+ inch cutts using a kastmaster, my friend caught a bunch using a roostertail and my buddy caught some fattys flyfishing he actually caught a Grayling. The fish seemed to be hanging out somewhat deep. Really nice lake with some really pretty Colorado River cuts.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Didn't think there were many of those left in Pearl. Grayling fishin' at Crosho in the tube is probably my favorite fishin'. Gotta get up to Pearl and get some cuts this year.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Eolus,

Thanks for the report, I'm going to Pearl and Steamboat during the holiday weekend.  I take the family up there every Memorial  Day.  I'll post a report when i get back.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I got the itch to head up to Pearl one night...and left at about 2 am to get up there at a decent time. On the way i "bumped" a slow deer crossing the road, (didnt hut it i think, i didnt see it anywhere so it was still running when i went to look for it) and got to the lake just in time to put in my bellyboat and kick my way about a half mile around the lake to fish some brush on the far side. it was nice fishing...for about 22 minutes, until a windstorm blew in and made me burn about 9,000 calories kicking my way back to safety. i did see some nice grayling though...that was about 8 years ago when there were still a good population in there, its a nice place....if it aint too windy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts