Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very back pond. Caught ths one on a 3/8 oz Red/chartreuse Spinner, then on next cast the spinner kept on going, while the line didn't. Anyway it was slow, lots of fronts moving through, better than the skunk. Surface temp was 53, still think its a little cool for them, all that were marked were down in the weeds. Some people reported doing real well for crappie on fly poles.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 1eye. I think I may have seen you out there last year. Maybe we should go see if we can knock them down sometime. You live in Longmont?

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Lafayette... Close enough. I'll be visiting the area either late this week or mid next week. I'll be armed with all sorts of non-scented plastics (mainly cheap stuff that I never really use) to do an outside lab experiment. Haha.. But yeah, bud. I'll see you out there. I think I have seen you out there before. I saw a guy go out there regularly on foot and another dude on a belly boat. Which one might you be?

1eyeReD

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cool going! I've seen some real monsters there spawning in that clear water. Wish I could fish there at night in the summer with a topwater! We've had some really fun days at Pella! Were the crappie fisherman in the back pond?
I've seen monster catfish in the front north pond, but haven't a clue how to catch one on artificials. But it would sure be fun.
If you go to Pella, be sure to check out the really cute bunch of new foals just North of the ponds on Hygiene road. They are "Awe gee wheez" cute! (Guess only a mom would write that last line, huh?).
Have any of you fished in the west ponds on the other side of the road yet?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats about the only place I fish at Pella. Hows the smallmouth coming at Macintosh DJC?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts