Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14 fish from 1pm till dark, smallest was 15" largest was 6.5 lbs. Funny thing was he had a crawdad pincher hanging outof his arse! Quite amusing. Nice fight, happened right after I took the 30lb Spidewire off, and put some 8lb mono on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone been up to Douglas in Fort Collins, I intend to head up there in the next two weeks.
its one of my favorite places.
thanks

·
Registered
701 Posts
Funny, Before goon pointed out the date I'm thinking BS cause that place is shut down

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Anyone been by there lately?

I went by there a couple of weeks ago. Looks like they are actively putting in work. It's radically different now... A real bummer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yea, I drove by a couple times but passed it by. too long a walk in to find out if it's fish able yet. Pella was a great crappie and blue gill hole, but until I hear otherwise, McCall's is just a mile away and you can park right at the waters edge.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Yeah, God, it must be at least fifty yards to the water, pretty much asking for death to walk in there without sherpas.

·
Registered
676 Posts
You can't go in there yet anyway. It's closed. When it opens, everyone make sure to post it up everywhere and let the guys on fishexplorer know also.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
You can't go in there yet anyway. It's closed. When it opens, everyone make sure to post it up everywhere and let the guys on fishexplorer know also.
The lake has always gotten hammered with people, it's not a secret honey hole....As long as they keep the regs the same, and they patrol often to keep out the assholes, it'll still be a fun lake to fish even if half of boulder county goes and fishes it.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
It has been at least ten years since that place was worth a ****, and I was catching ten to thirty fish on swimbaits every time I went. They were starving. Big heads, scruffy looking full of parasites, no thanks. I remember the days when it was more like five or ten fish a day, but they all weighed more than three pounds and were healthy looking.

Maybe the place needed this. Just my 2¢...

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It has been at least ten years since that place was worth a ****, and I was catching ten to thirty fish on swimbaits every time I went. They were starving. Big heads, scruffy looking full of parasites, no thanks. I remember the days when it was more like five or ten fish a day, but they all weighed more than three pounds and were healthy looking.

Maybe the place needed this. Just my 2¢...
X2

1 - 20 of 29 Posts