Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished pella today (the back pond) did pretty well started the day with spinnerbaits, weightless worms, and topwater popers. caught 4 bass and a perch on a six inch worm.

colors I used char. spinnerbaits, orange/green worm, chug bug shad.
the bass are really tight on the cover but active very strong hits and a lot of fun.
fished in the afternoon water was warm and clear

17.5" plastic worm

second fish 15.5" spinnerbait

third fish 16.5" worm again

all healthy,fat  and released

·
Registered
219 Posts
You rule Goodtimes! Congrats.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The last couple years I havn't really targeted LM bass I have been going after wiper for the most part but now im hooked I forgot how strong these fish are how much fun they are, and pella is a very good fishery I would not be surprised if there some 22" bass in there and Im going to get one this year!!(I hope).

I know its only paper buy I want a master angler award for kicks this year and I think LM bass is my best chance.

thanks for the kind words.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was on Pella (back pond) yesterday morning. Caught a couple of LM under 15" using plastics. Kept getting bit short so switched to a smaller plastic. Found out there are some huge bluegill and perch in that pond. I caught 8 slab BG & a dozon or so perch, largest went 13". Was tempted to make a meal out of 'em but decided it would be better to catch them again another day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts