Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my brother fished pella on the way home from carter flatiron and pinewood i caught alot of bass on a dropshot and alot of bluegill on a fly and about 20 perch on tubes one was around 10iches the rest small to bad u cant use bait there i know theres huge cats in there at heron i use to catch them as big as 15 pounds 10 years ago and my brother even caught a wiper there 15 pounds but its not as good anymore

F

·
0 Posts
wow that must have been an experiment gone wrong with putting wipers in pella ...I heard there used to be state record bass in pella from a really reliable sorce .....its sad that people exploit these fisherys that are great until they are just about to die .....(not saying pella is dying but I also heard it was alot better years ago )

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i think every thing was better years ago i think it is just now that we have started to manage for the future hopefully our kids wont have to say the same thing we do

·
Registered
152 Posts
hey catfishking, there are still some big cats in there, i just recently caught a 24incher and over the summer ive probably lost about 6 monsters that just snapped my line. I haven't had any luck with the bass though at least since june, so if you maybe give me a hint, or better yet what you used for them, id be super appreciative. thanks and tight lines

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rob the ones i did catch were out of the big back pond i think its heron way back in the corner i caught them on a cinnamon brown senko i threw way far and left it out i;ve seen alot of people at the arsenal catch cats the same way

·
Registered
119 Posts
There's still a lot of big cats in Pella. A couple months ago, in June, I caught a 30-inch cat (about 12-15 pounds) at Heron on a white Gulp sinking minnow. That same morning I was fishing the sunken trees on the smaller pond on the other side of the bridge from Heron and hooked a cat about 26-27 inches on the same bait but lost it right near shore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The newly opened ponds across the street from the parking lot, especially Clearwater, are excellent for bass. Kind of a long walk, but well worth it. I have fished the south bank up until the fence with good results, but this pond is best from a belly boat. Go all the way to the east side and work back along the south bank and I guarantee you'll hit some big bass. I also landed a HUGE bluegill, big enough that he was able to attack a 2/0 hook rigged with a 7 1/2 inch culprit worm. Great place for kids too as my daughter and her friend caught around two dozen bluegill and actually stayed interested in fishing for over two hours as a result. I'm not sure the word is out on this place yet as I hardly ever see anyone back there, even when the parking lot is full.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Ive seen some big cats cruising in there, too bad you cant fish it at night. a guy i know caught a couple while fishing the shoreline of Heron with a crank bait...both were around 6 or 8 lbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts