Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to do some Bass fishing and some panfish. Been reading around here and it seems the 2 places for this are Pella or Sawhill.

Which one should i goto and why?

Thanx guys/gals

-Jay

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Well i like both places really. You'll probally do more walking at Saw hill and less at Pella. Both are well for bass. Pella to me seems to have bigger bass though but its more challenging to locate them at Sawhill. Pan fish .. well there everywhere and if your in Parker .. I wouldnt come all the way up there to fish panfish. Find some local ponds.

steve

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There arent any local ponds here. Thats why im willing to drive to where there are some.

-Jay

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Jay Cherry Creek has perch, crappie, largemouth and small mouth bass, bluegill.
Aurora has perch, largemouth, and bluegill.
Quincy has perch, and largemouth.

Also somehow I seen a topo map of Parker recently and thought of you, there was a small pond on it off Twenty Mile road and E. Main Street in Parker. Have you tried that? I dont know if its big enough to hold fish or not couldnt tell the scale of the map but its worth a drive by. THe map showed it on Twenty Mile Road.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
These two ( Sawhill and Pella ) are in Longmont/Boulder area. Not too sure what city they are in but some where up in that region. But if you do go up Jay .. Good luck and bring bug spray.. Let us know how you do.

steve

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Epic. Im not sure what that is but I highly dout its fishable. I want to fish ponds not over crowded state/city parks.

Steve. I think im going to give pella a try, Thanx for the good words.

-Jay

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Jay.

Well the few times that Ive been to Pella. Theres quite a crowd. Sawhill has a few but most are just out to enjoy the walk and the birds. But either way .. good luck..

steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts