Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright alright .. no 22' Small mouth .. Just a 17incher caught by tbmanivong.. Boy them Perch where hitting like no other on Tubes..

No HUGE crappies though..!

Tony holding his catch..!

Heres another shot ...

Okay Ok .. Last one ...

Steve
Monkies_butt

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
NICE!! I envy, my friend... I envy!

1eyeReD

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
WOW, nice fish!! Congats man. Do a serach for Pella, it has been posted many times, as to who what where why how etc.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Does anyone know which ponds at Pella have smallies in them? I remember hearing that Dragonfly Pond (I think) has smallies in it, but wasn't sure if each of the six ponds had them or just a few.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Nice fish! Did you have a good fight?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Does anyone know which ponds at Pella have smallies in them? I remember hearing that Dragonfly Pond (I think) has smallies in it, but wasn't sure if each of the six ponds had them or just a few.
I know that West Pella First pond has smallmouth. Not sure or can't remember about the others on the west. I've never caught smallmouth on the eastern ponds and but have not fished it much in the last couple of years. So they may have stocked them with smallies also.
Brett

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
Mr Monkees Butt...

That fish rocks!!!...you need to give the back coves of Aurora a shot...

T

·
0 Posts
Thanks guys. Thanks Steve (Monkies_Butt), for the picture.

My first large smallie. I caught another smallie a couple inches shorter than the one above @ sunset. We were fishing in one of the distant ponds. It was a good walk. Steve might be able to give you more info about Pella.

Haf2fish- Pella is in NW Longmont off of 75th. That's all I remember. It was my first time there.

Work2fish- It took a little drag. It was fun reeling that bad boy in.

1eyeRED- I envy you MAN! I'll hire you as my guide one day. Hope you're affordable.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah its been awhile since Ive been out fishing. Hunting Season just ended for me not long ago, So I called up tbmanivong and we went out. Yes YEs You out fished me.. This whole hibernation thing.. For all you hunters, whos questiong.. Why is this dude still hunting in April..! Well Hogs.. Hogs Hogs down south..!

MileHighBassin - Dont take my word for it .. But IM PRETTY sure all the ponds there hold Smallies..

work2fish - I was sitting there and well his reel screeched .. and I was like boy .. thats huge.. Got my Digi-cam and .. There it was .. his First huge Smallie..! All credit goes to Tony.. Yeah We ended up releasing him...

haf2fish - Umm .. Thats a good question.. I'll have to get back on later on when I get home and get directions for you if no ones answered you..!

zman - Ive never been to Aurora before. Lots of talk about there. I'll have to head there one day..! Thanks for the advise man..

tbmanivong - We'll for sure have to head out again..

1eyeRED - My friend .. your invited if youd like to catch some winds and twigs with Tony and I just PM me man..!

Steve
-monkies_butt

·
Registered
246 Posts
Great job on the nice smallie. But I must say that all of Pellas lakes are fly and lure only. So watch you use of plastics out there....hate to see a fellow fisherman loose his stuff and get a ticket....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts