Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Beautiful fish!!

Quick question... When fishing during a bass tournament isnt it required to release the fish alive?(Or does it just depend on the tourney)

If so would keeping the fish for a record mean that he couldnt count it toward his bag limit for the tourney?

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The fish does need to be released alive. This fish was released alive as well. You can weigh dead fish but they come with a penalty.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
The fish does need to be released alive. This fish was released alive as well. You can weigh dead fish but they come with a penalty.
I didnt realize this one was released. When I read:
"By then, the bass' weight had slipped about nine ounces, to 9.91 pounds"

I assumed the fish had died to loose that much weight.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Heres a story a lot of people may not know. Years ago (can't remember the year) a guy caught a wiper on Pueblo. Rather than quit fishing and taking it in to be weighed (it was huge) the guy put it in his livewell and continued fishing. At the end of the day he took it in and had it weighed and it came up just ounces short of a world record. The fish had regurgitated a lot of shad into the livewell and its considered very likely that the fish would have been a world record if he had taken it in right away.

Anyway, that's the story I've heard several times. Could be urban legend-maybe somebody who knows can post.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Heres a story a lot of people may not know. Years ago (can't remember the year) a guy caught a wiper on Pueblo. Rather than quit fishing and taking it in to be weighed (it was huge) the guy put it in his livewell and continued fishing. At the end of the day he took it in and had it weighed and it came up just ounces short of a world record. The fish had regurgitated a lot of shad into the livewell and its considered very likely that the fish would have been a world record if he had taken it in right away.

Anyway, that's the story I've heard several times. Could be urban legend-maybe somebody who knows can post.
I've read that story somewhere, too.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Kevin Treanor caught the ptown wiper...back in the day heard he left it in the live well for 3 hours b4 getting it weighed...

·
Registered
196 Posts
That's a hellofa spot!
I have had many times had fish spitting up crawdad pieces in the live well. I even had one spit up two turtles one time. I stuffed em back down his throat. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts