Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me like there are quite a few perch getting caught this year. I have not even fished for them myself but I'm curious if you guys think their populations might be up?

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
no question...full reservoirs will do that...more room, more flooded vegetation creating invertabrae insect life...grababrewski's perch today were puking up scuds...and with more water increased spawning grounds that stay water covered allowing for huge hatching success for perch babies...

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
I think we caught perch from 4 or 5 year different classes today.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Grababrewski caught perch from 4 or 5 year different classes today.
I fixed it for you...I couldnt believe it when he pulled the one incher out....and chased it with a 2 incher...surprised Pam married him with those credentials!...lol

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I couldnt believe it when he pulled the one incher out....and chased it with a 2 incher...surprised Pam married him with those credentials!...lol
That's just wrong on so many levels>:D

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I fixed it for you...I couldnt believe it when he pulled the one incher out....and chased it with a 2 incher...surprised Pam married him with those credentials!...lol
It takes mad skills to catch a one inch perch. Speaking of mad skills that's why she married me!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Absolutely!...

I cant believe I didnt put them in the bucket alive and dead sticked them out in the channel...zSQUIRREL...just happy to be out...I think the two frisky lovers without the ice shanty had me distracted!...

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Absolutely!...

I cant believe I didnt put them in the bucket alive and dead sticked them out in the channel...zSQUIRREL...just happy to be out...I think the two frisky lovers without the ice shanty had me distracted!...
1 flasher 2 guys = Forgiveness!:biggrin1:

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
1 flasher 2 guys = Forgiveness!:biggrin1:
lol I didnt mention any names...Grababrewski was the one calling it Perch Back Mounting!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
lol I didnt mention any names...Grababrewski was the one calling it Perch Back Mounting!
HATERS gonna HATE. He's just jealous he was left "PALMing" his stick. As for you Z.... I'm just glad you left the Moose Knuckles at home.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Last spring I kept running into huge schools of small walleye and perch at Pueblo mixed together. I have a couple of mud areas that were loaded with 8-10 perch. I think the high water has really helped them out and there are bluegills now everywhere. I think Pueblo could be a really good perch fishery?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I wouldn't doubt it Neal. i imagine no one really targets them from the boat and it stays soft water mostly so there probably is some big ones in there

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I heard that there were a bunch of noisy ass locals up there on the ice. Drinking and blaring music and such, spooking the fish. SMH.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I wouldn't doubt it Neal. i imagine no one really targets them from the boat and it stays soft water mostly so there probably is some big ones in there
I have caught some bigger females slabbing spoons and Lindy rigging. When the water is up in the spring you can go up shallow area's and find open mud and they are there eating worms and juvenile crawfish.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I heard that there were a bunch of noisy ass locals up there on the ice. Drinking and blaring music and such, spooking the fish. SMH.
I didn't notice a thing (well, maybe a few crash landings-LMAO!)

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Yeah my "Wilderness experience" left a little to be desired-

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Last spring I kept running into huge schools of small walleye and perch at Pueblo mixed together. I have a couple of mud areas that were loaded with 8-10 perch. I think the high water has really helped them out and there are bluegills now everywhere. I think Pueblo could be a really good perch fishery?

how well do perch compete for forgage with all the other game in the lake?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts