Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to the spot at 8:00am with a buddy from out of town. My father-in-law showed up at 9:30am. All three of us fished until 11:00am. Drilled about 20 holes, but none of us left our first one. Fish were biting non-stop. Sometimes there would be 10-12 fish on the screen. We caught about 80 fish that consisted of only perch and trout. I limited out by 9:15 am and watched my fishing mates clean up. It was probably the best perch fishing I've ever had, and I never expected that to happen in CO. All perch were 9"+ and tasted absolutely amazing. Everything was caught in 15 to 17 fow on minnow heads and eyeballs. Later that afternoon we had family and friends over for beer, football, and a perch fry. It was an amazing day before heading back to work!

The loot.

Salvation.

I'm heading to Webster, SD in two weeks. Bring on the jumbos.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
wow the best batch of perch I think I have seen on here...congrats!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys. Since my daughter was born 8 months ago I haven't been able to fish as much as I used too. So this outing was pretty stellar.

Looks good in the cast iron, is that Panko breading?
Thats a lot of fish to fillet for 1 bowl full.
Its panko mixed with creole seasoning. First, I cover the fillet in flour, then dip it in egg, and roll it in the panko creole mixture. It's the best recipe I've had yet. And 6 hands made little work!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts