Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
somebody told me once that fried perch eggs were really good. can anyone tell me how to fry them and if they have to be a certain size? thanks
glenn

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think for perch eggs to taste good, you have to use a lot of beer. Not to cook them in; you drink it before you eat the eggs.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well that may explain why the person that told me the info. basically a drunk. started looking on the internet and basically got that drift. thanks next time ill release the females.

·
Registered
96 Posts
They don't really have a lot of taste to them. I have tried them rather than throw them in the trash and they were fine. HOWEVER, they pop in the frying pan and spray oil over the cook. Use mitts if you try them.

·
Registered
516 Posts
littlemac said:
well that may explain why the person that told me the info. basically a drunk. started looking on the internet and basically got that drift. thanks next time ill release the females.
How do you determine the females this time of year,..a little fatter? Thanks.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
viking said:
How do you determine the females this time of year,..a little fatter? Thanks.
The females are generally longer by an inch or more and fatter because of the egg sacks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When you're dealing with tiny perch, like those of us on the Front Range almost always are, the only fish worth keeping are the females. Out of the 20 I kept the other weekend, 19 were female. Probably does the population some good anyway, limiting reproduction a little. Most of those FR lakes are waaaay overpopulated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts