Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out early to meet up with Chaz (shutupandfish) to do some icing. It started out pretty slow for most of the day but we redeemed ourselves. Not a lot of jumbos but the smallest one was just over 9" the biggest one was just over 12" and were all fat! Chaz got a couple of bonus brownies (hopefully he posts the pictures). We unfortunately got about a half dozen slimers but I managed one that was just over 17" that we kept ate out of spite because it somehow got wrapped up in two of our lines. Talking to other people and reading other reports seemed like it was pretty slow for everybody but I cant complain about the results
Tungsten jigs tipped with eyes was the ticket in about 38 feet of water.
I just love that area.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Nice! Perch worth catching! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Fishing was slow, but the weather was great and the beer was cold! Here are the browns, definitely stiffarmed the second one lol....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great looking fish! How is it you guys know what body of water he was fishing on? Would've to get into some perch like this! Care to share?

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Some pretty tight lips around here...
Yeah, we are all pretty tight lipped on this site. If you want more details about location, you'll probably be better off on the other site. However, I believe that the average poster here has more angling experience. Look up previous posts by the OP or Shutupandfish and you might get more clues about the location. Better yet, PM him and he might tell you. No guarantees, but it's worth a shot... I never tried it cuz I'm proud stubborn. :D But I've told some people in PMs and I know others do it too.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
One thing you can do when you're wondering about a location is see what species of fish are being reported caught out of it. If it's perch and Walleye, chances are it's not Granby.

If it's browns and kokanee, you can just about bet it's not Cherry Creek.

You'll often have to dig, but an observant researcher can isolate lakes pretty well.

When someone posts their mileage for a trip, see if their home location is listed in their profile. Grab you a map or pop up google maps and set up a range.

The info is there... Just gotta work for it sometimes. ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts