Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all! I have a question- Does anybody know of any lakes in Colorado that allow permanent shelters/fish houses on the ice???
I have called the Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) headquarters, The CPW Colorado Springs office, Denver Water, and read the entire 2014 Colorado Fishing Brochure, and nobody can answer this question.
Colorado does have regulation and policy for permanent shelters (2014 Brochure Page (6), Section (5), Sub-section (e), but I can’t find an answer if there are even any lakes that allow fish houses.
I would like to create a state-wide list of lakes that (1) allow ice fishing, (2) detail each lake’s regulations (3) list historical/typical season start and end dates (4) Angler info on species, bag limits, ratings, and fishing reports, etc…
I know a lot of this info can be obtained by visiting many different sites, but it would be nice to have an annual master list that can be shared. If anybody has something like this or is interested in helping to create this, please hit me up.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Allowed on all lakes unless specifically prohibited. If you check the regs again and look at the specific lakes and their regulations...they'll say if they are prohibited.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I do see regs for portable shelters for some lakes like Antero and Eleven Mile, but other lakes like Dillon and DeWeese, the brochure does not specifically state any regs... There are several lakes that are not listed. I have my favorite spots like all guys, but just trying to decide if a small fish house would be worth trying to use. I think I will stick to the portables...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope! That's why I wasn't even sure if any lakes even allowed it. Just surprised to see Colorado has regs for permanent shelters... Just thought I would ask to see if anybody used them...and if so, where...I fine tho, I have a Clam Big Foot, and An Eskimo Quick Flip III... Just curious...

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
lake john and the delaneys several times...

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Have seen a few too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts