6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody use large permanent shelter

what size

did you make your own

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I dont think there are alot of lakes out there that aloow permanment shelters are there?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Roadkill,

In my opinion permanent shelters are a must, not as much to keep you warm but to give you the opportunity site fish. In water up 20' I think it's the best way to catch fish.

I have a lightweight Shapell 2 man blackout hut, and a 4 man clam. To answer one of your other questions they both heat up nicely with a Mr. Heater propane heater.

·
Registered
943 Posts
i think permanent shelters are illegal in colorado. i believe it is in the fishing regs

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://wildlife.state.co.us/regulations/ch01.pdf

page 4 #104 B 4-5 talks about portable and permenent shelters and how to identify them and if you look thru the list of waters you will see some lakes that are limited to portable shelters
such as page 45 #341 willow creek reservoir- grand county
a. ice fishing shelters must be portable

·
Registered
280 Posts
They are only allowed on certain lakes. I don' t think they are a great idea unless you have the opportunity to move them occasionally. To much moving around involved in ice fishing for it to be terriibly effective.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got family back in minisota and they use the farm tractor to drag a large shelter out to the same spot each year they got beds a stove gennerator for the TV/DVD they always catch tons of fish all season long

unfortunately i havent been back to visit during the ice season

·
Registered
943 Posts
they have houses on the water back there. i have to check that out one of these days

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
more like a good shed on skids

then when ever they want to fish they just drive out light the heater and fire the genset and away they go

1 - 9 of 9 Posts