Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the boys over to wiggins pass and Fordman smacked his first Permit.

Quite a few folks fishing the incoming current with still rods and weighted bait, Ford says "I am going to drift this like a nymph" The active presentation Dominated! We caught a ton of fish with this technique but winner winner Permit dinner came off of Fords rod...Luckiest (best) angler I know. He is 11.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
My youngest has a few more years in school and after that I'm moving to the hurricane zone. My oldest when he was around your boys age would kill it free lining live shrimp on incoming tides.
Just looked up Wiggins and I use to live kinda close Marco island

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nice job Cochise, jr!!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Sounds like a great deal to me!! Ohhh the things I would do for no winter!:biggrin1:
it gets old after a while. youll go north for the change in weather, or to even see the leaves change since they dont even do that until you get out of the peninsula.

the one thing that you will miss though is the change in cold endurance. anything below 70 degrees becomes coat weather down there.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I plan on it this year... and I'm sure you're right :cool: But as of now I have never ice fished and can't say I'm looking forward to winter
i said the same thing until people told me to fuckin man up, and took me out on the ice. now as zman and the rest of the cool kids put it.... im the only retard that looks forward to frozen lakes.

get a flasher. go up to south and middle park in january and youll change your tune.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it gets old after a while. youll go north for the change in weather, or to even see the leaves change since they dont even do that until you get out of the peninsula.

the one thing that you will miss though is the change in cold endurance. anything below 70 degrees becomes coat weather down there.
That's why I have a house at the base of the Titties as well.

Trust one thing though, I don't, nor will I miss the cold. It was 95 and humid today and my fat self loved every second of it. :thumb:

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
i said the same thing until people told me to fuckin man up, and took me out on the ice. now as zman and the rest of the cool kids put it.... im the only retard that looks forward to frozen lakes.

get a flasher. go up to south and middle park in january and youll change your tune.
I only do it cuz it becomes the only game in town...and there are other retards...my problem is i love summer...65 degree nights walking shoreline or fishing from my tub of a boat...monsters come out to play....

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
That's why I have a house at the base of the Titties as well.

Trust one thing though, I don't, nor will I miss the cold. It was 95 and humid today and my fat self loved every second of it. :thumb:
I miss it believe me. If I could, if I didn't have a family... id live in st pete again, fishing and being a drunken ******* out there again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts