Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Yeah I think your best effort yet...I plan for the future but I am definitely an in the moment kind of guy...the old sports center line applies here...he's day to day...we're all day to day...Giles is smiling from above with that jutted jaw smile of his in favor of the outdoor writer you have become!...good work!!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Mark! I idolized Giles as soon as I started reading his stuff when I was a kid. I'm going to start lobbying for the state to recognize him like they did with Charlie Myers. At the very least I think they should name one of those trailheads up north that leads to a cutthroat lake or two after Giles.

I spent about a couple hours talking about Giles Alkire and Ed Marsh at the expo. Those two made that magazine special for a longtime. Hell it's why some of us stayed subscribers after the magazine went 80 percent advertisements 20 percent local content.... I'm not a hunter but I'd read his hunting stuff too just because it was so damn entertaining.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Another quality article.

I too lost a great friend this summer and he made me promise to work a little less and enjoy life a lot more each day. Words to live by- he battled colon cancer for six years and everyday he lived like it was his last and with a smile on his face that was contagious to anyone who met him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts