Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
I loved the guy when he played-there were none better at the time period: But..........give it up already...don't want o be looking like a certain former Packer/Jet/Viking QB......

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Lol...seems some folks aren't familiar with James hockey backround. :).
If there was anyone on this forum who would say "who is Peter Foresburg?"...it would be James! Made me laugh though! :)

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
mogul buster said:
Lol...seems some folks aren't familiar with James hockey backround. :).
If there was anyone on this forum who would say "who is Peter Foresburg?"...it would be James! Made me laugh though! :)
Indeed :D Foresburg, Redwing killer. I miss those days...... Draper getting smashed into the wall, Roy fighting at center ice. The Avs need to find another team to fight with 6 times a year ;D

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Gotta Love Forsberg!! IMO he will always be welcome on the AVS!!

If for nothing else besides the atmosphere that he will create and the excitement that he will bring!

Friend of mine Deron that i work with said the he was at the last game, and the stadium just went insane when Forsberg came out in an AVS jersey the other night... and that was just to practice!!

Welcome Home Forsberg!!

W

·
0 Posts
Forseberg is a pu**y and he should stay at home in Sweden. He always bitched about wanting to go there anyway when he was in the NHL.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Captain America said:
Forseberg is a pu**y and he should stay at home in Sweden. He always bitched about wanting to go there anyway when he was in the NHL.
I wouldn't mind sweden at all. Super hot blondes, lots of fishing and free health care.

Hope he does well. Heard he said he's at 95%. And still only 37... Thats insane, thought he would be like 42 or 43. If he can go, why the hell not.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i like forsberg he is injury pron but i think he can help the youth on the team , i really wish the avs would have put in a claim for nabokov we need a good goalie

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Captain America said:

Actually he just recently finished a season playing in the Elitserien, an Elite Swedish League. Heard some rumors today that he might be signed as early as February 8th, to play against the Wild. Cannot imagine him on the same line as Duchene. :eek:

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I would love to see Peter The Great back on the ice for the Avs. Future hall-of-famer, one of the best skaters and passers of all time. Now, if he would have just SHOT THE PUCK!!!, more, ...he would be in the top 5 in the history of scoring in the NHL. I screamed at him for 10+ YEARS. Peter, ... "SHOOT THE PUCK!!," lol!

W

·
0 Posts
k0diak said:
Captain America said:

Actually he just recently finished a season playing in the Elitserien, an Elite Swedish League. Heard some rumors today that he might be signed as early as February 8th, to play against the Wild. Cannot imagine him on the same line as Duchene. :eek:

He'd just screw up that line. He spends as much time telling the referees what calls they missed as he does skating. Talented? Yes, but IMO he' is the whiniest guy to ever play in the NHL.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Captain America said:
k0diak said:
Captain America said:

He'd just screw up that line. He spends as much time telling the referees what calls they missed as he does skating. Talented? Yes, but IMO he' is the whiniest guy to ever play in the NHL.
no that would be lindstum or chelios but i am assuming you are a red wings fan tho.

W

·
0 Posts
muskie hunter said:
Captain America said:
k0diak said:
Captain America said:

no that would be lindstum or chelios but i am assuming you are a red wings fan tho.
Not so much since Fedorov defected. >:D

·
Registered
6,684 Posts

Forsberg Update

With veteran Milan Hejduk taking a maintenance day on Tuesday, Peter Forsberg was able to step in and take his spot on a line with Matt Duchene and David Jones during practice. Today marked the fourth consecutive day that Forsberg has been on the ice, and the second full practice he’s had with the team.

“Like I said at the press conference in the beginning, I knew Milan Hejduk was going to be out a couple practices and I could fill into his spot,” said Forsberg. “I’ve only had two practices. They’re quick, they’re fast, and it’s going to take at least a couple more days to adjust. I just have to keep working and we’ll see what happens after a couple more practices.”

Forsberg, who said he will find some ice where he can skate on his own during the All-Star Break, mentioned that today’s practice wasn’t quite as tough as the one the players went through on Sunday.

“A little easier today, I got to catch my breath between drills,” said Forsberg. “Like I said, it was between days and months. I just have to see how long it takes, keep working and do my best every practice.”

1 - 20 of 20 Posts