Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So today I got a st croix mojo bait cast rod from a buddy, so I went to jax picked up the president and I love it. I started out my night a little late got to lake at around 930. I started out with a grub on my spin rod I casted that for two hours and had one bite then Finally hooked up. After that nothing for and hour and a half. I started to wonder if was gonna be like he last few nights. So I walked a little ways and finally switched up to my new setup with a 6 in jerk and it casted like a dream. I'm impressed. My second cast i casted a little deep. I started reeling and after reading all your helpful info I let it pause after five or so cranks. I would let it sit for 15-20 seconds and add 2-3 little rod jerks every 5 or so seconds and fish on after a 20 second wait. And after that it continued I caught 11 eyes all ranging from 17-20 inches with the pauses and very subtle bumps. At one point I casted cranked twice set my rod down took a pee went back picked it up started feeling and there was a fish on. I kept my limit for table fair all males. And the action never died but I was extremely satisfied after all the long nights I have been putting in

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts