Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colorado springs has a new Pho place in town, Pho Viet over on Galley and academy in the old green Pizza Hut building. Price, lower than Pho 54 by a little, quality, lower as well.....the stock was rich but has a chicken stock base kind of a taste to it, it had plenty of anise flavor in it, and not so much on the cloves. The plate of vegies to go in the soup was small I thought. The noodles were all clumped together in the bottom of the bowl and trying to stir them apart got them broken into smaller pieces which kinda sucked, and I thought they skimped on the meat just a little. The cost at the register for a large bowl was $7.00. A tad cheaper than Pho54. The service was good until we went to check out and have them split the check and we got a short tisk and a kinda rude look for half a second which made my decision to stick with the better place.....

Anyone know of any other good Pho places in the springs?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
krazluck said:
FunkMasterSnowshoe said:
If you're going to go to Pho 79, you might as well go a couple blocks further and hit up Pho 95 or Ba Le.
that depends on which 1...i pefer the 1s up north :D
pho 4 mua on 102nd and grant is better than pho duy. I like the flavor better and the guys at pho duy NEVER bring me my drink that I order. They're fine about charging me for it though.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Hold up. Kraz, any of these Places around LoDo? If so, I'm so phocking down to hit it up. Had some pho last night.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I like pho 120, have chile oil too. The one one on 102nd has gone to chit in the last year. Doesnt taste right. Their superbowl used to be great.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Koldkut said:
Colorado springs has a new Pho place in town, Pho Viet over on Galley and academy in the old green Pizza Hut building. Price, lower than Pho 54 by a little, quality, lower as well.....the stock was rich but has a chicken stock base kind of a taste to it, it had plenty of anise flavor in it, and not so much on the cloves. The plate of vegies to go in the soup was small I thought. The noodles were all clumped together in the bottom of the bowl and trying to stir them apart got them broken into smaller pieces which kinda sucked, and I thought they skimped on the meat just a little. The cost at the register for a large bowl was $7.00. A tad cheaper than Pho54. The service was good until we went to check out and have them split the check and we got a short tisk and a kinda rude look for half a second which made my decision to stick with the better place.....

Anyone know of any other good Pho places in the springs?
I had the same exact experience.. Saigon Cafe is still my favorite but it is expensive (too expensive to not go to Pho 54)... But worth it IMO... PERFECT broth. Also love their short ribs

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bzboy said:
I always go to Pho 54. I eat there maybe once a week. In my humble opinion, it is the most authentic pho.
I'm there(pho 54) once a week, once every other week. I heard from a reliable source that Pho Viet 1 is owned and operated by the ex-husband of Pho 54's Owner.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
For those of you who were offended by my feeble attempt at humor earlier in this thread, let me apologize again, one more time, and please don't delete this apology mods....not sure why the first one was deleted in the first place.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts