Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here are a few pics of my trip to Juneau -- out of the 8 full days there I got in 7 days of fishing. I had a great time visiting family and fishing and thought I would share some of the carnage. Really a different mentality up there. And you would not want to get caught eating farm raised salmon -- its a good way to make some new enemies. I saw a lot of bumper stickers that say "friends don't let friends eat farm raised salmon" and "support you local fishery, eat wild salmon". You don't get dirty looks from anyone when you role into the harbor with a limit of silvers and butts.

First off let me say that we absolutely slayed the Kokanee. I mean well over a hundred dead.

Oh Yeah, we caught some fish too.
here is a nice 35 pound Butt I caught

A few more Chickens. nothing over 45 lbs -- but all great eaters.

Ok we did keep 2 arrow tooth flounders for a buddies crab pod -- they are the darker smaller ones (below). not any good to eat -- but the crabs won't care

Here is one of the jigs we used for the butts. we tipped them with herring and octopus marinated in butt juice

I don't like plastering my face on the net -- but I did catch a nice 18 pound Silver

My neice with a 21 pound silver!! huge by Coho standards

some scenery

walked down to a local brackish lake an caught some real kokes.  they look nothing like ours here in CO. they would hit anything-- most were 10 - 12 inches

Enjoy and if given the chance -- FISH ALASKA!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
between the kokanee and the alaskan amber its amazing I was able to fish ;D

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Mauser,

Gotta feel a little sorry for all the Kokanee you guys killed. What did you catch them with? Have you heard where the Coloado DOW might be stocking them?

On a brighter note, it looks like the fish fry will be at your house after all... We can tell you had a great time just looking at the big smile on your face. Hopefully you brought some Kokanee home for dinner too.

Terre

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kokanee was the beer we drank -- any kokes not containing malt and barley were not harmed during this trip.

all the salmon were caught on hoochies

TAL0362 said:
Mauser,

Gotta feel a little sorry for all the Kokanee you guys killed.   What did you catch them with?   Have you heard where the Coloado DOW might be stocking them?

On a brighter note, it looks like the fish fry will be at your house after all...   We can tell you had a great time just looking at the big smile on your face.   Hopefully you brought some Kokanee home for dinner too.

Terre

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Wow what a trip .. Thanks for sharing the good times with us. The first picture .. did you bag that duck. I think thats a THAI duck. Thems are good eating. j/k
Nice pictures and thanks for the show and tell.

steve

·
Registered
58 Posts
Damn those are some awesome pics. Looks like you had a busy vacation although not busy enough to kill a few Kokes. I would love to make it up there some time thanx for sharing.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I saw the bottle of Kokanee in the first picture, just a little dry humor coming back at you. Substitute Beer for Kokanee in my first post. If you find out where the DOW might be stocking Beer let me know.

Terre

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sorry I am a little slow this week -- trying to catch up.  ;D

If I find out were they are stocking beer you can guarantee I won't be telling anyone ;D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gotmuskie? said:
Nice fish.  I can't wait until I can afford to go up there.  Why do you hide your face?  Is that Eyeguy in disguise?
lol -  no then I would have claimed the pics were from last winter.
plus if you look close you can see the bottom of my white CWA t-shirt sticking out (no I am not a member).

dkooser -- I told you I would get fish guts all over it

also -- just to fish is not horribly expensive.  $30 for a 7 day license. Also there are several good charters up there that will pretty much guarantee a limit of halibut and some salmon to boot for $250 a day. I am lucky enoughto have family up there who have a very nice boat that I was able to go out on -- I just paid for the gas.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts