Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a ride...

Got employee of the quarter at work a week ago or so. In addition to a couple benefits that I get for the distinction, I get a plane ride with a pilot of my choice. My work screens air force LTs before they become pilots. I chose a Vietnam war vet we have here because I heard he was the coolest to fly with. Sure was the case too.

Figured I would share the pics since I got some cool ones of Pueblo res. Only had my phone with me...so the photos aren't the greatest.

Getting ready to taxi and take off.

Movin up on the res

South Shore Marina

Dam

NSmarina

Shiprock. Boat was fishing near it.

Skiers cove.

West end

My house down there

He let me take over for the majority of the flight and mess around a bit. Was awesome.

Landing and someone taking off.

He let me land the plane fully while he controlled the speed. **** was SWEET. Touch and go and then after that he landed. Good times!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
That's what I thought too hop. I thought it looked like a salamander as well.
Psst, Kyle. So "Salamander Lake" ;) will be our new secret codespeak for :-X -- but only you and I will know about it!! Get it?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Awesome possum. I can see my house in one of the pics. ;D

I work just down the road from DOSS.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
Took a ride...

Got employee of the quarter at work a week ago or so. In addition to a couple benefits that I get for the distinction, I get a plane ride with a pilot of my choice. My work screens air force LTs before they become pilots. I chose a Vietnam war vet we have here because I heard he was the coolest to fly with. Sure was the case too.

Figured I would share the pics since I got some cool ones of Pueblo res. Only had my phone with me...so the photos aren't the greatest.

Getting ready to taxi and take off.

Movin up on the res

South Shore Marina

Dam

NSmarina

Shiprock. Boat was fishing near it.

Skiers cove.

West end

My house down there

He let me take over for the majority of the flight and mess around a bit. Was awesome.

Landing and someone taking off.

He let me land the plane fully while he controlled the speed. **** was SWEET. Touch and go and then after that he landed. Good times!
Been wearing the knee pads again there Kyle? Good shots. Pretty cool.

Jim

·
Registered
958 Posts
Congrats on employee of the quarter. Was that around noon today? Around that time I was trying my new swimbait gear at shiprock. I did notice a small, noisy, white plane go overhead while I was there. My 6" trout swimbait got smacked hard, twice by the same fish. When I brought it in I noticed a bite mark near the tail & another just behind the single dorsal hook... oh how I wish I'd had a stinger on there!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
Yep around noon. I noticed a boat just to the east of shiprock. No fish?
I didn't have much time yesterday, since I was mainly there to pick up my boat. The night before I caught & released one 17" eye along the dam. She struck on about a 5 second pause. The next day I only had about an hour to fish... would've had more time but before fishing I wanted to try the breakfast & green chile at Mill Stop Cafe- yum. Around 11:30, with my trolling motor out of order, I tried to anchor for some slabbing just east of ship rock, but I kept drifting too shallow with my anchor line only about 35ft long. Then, I anchored just north of shiprock where I got bit hard, leaving teeth marks on my big swimbait. It was nice getting out... can't wait for my Minnkota with I-Pilot to get fixed... spot lock would've been nice for slabbing. Too bad I wasn't holding a prized catch big enough for you to see all the way up there when you flew over.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts