Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

No more 8" holes for me. This is as big as they fit. 27-28" girth and if it were an inch more I would have had a dilemma on my hands.

Fish was out of the water for a maximum of 60 seconds, and once she kicked a few times and I let her swim back to the depths, I had to just take a few minutes to stare a hole in the sky, and thank the powers that be.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Way to go !! That is a BRUTE !
Makes the YEAR for You !!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Damn nice!! I bet that took a while to land.:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
WOW! Such a beast! Well done sir. It's all downhill from here!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
congratulations, what an awesome fish! Looks like you might of busted 40 pounds!!

Just curios why would there have been a delima if it was inch longer? Looks like about 41 inches, what difference would 42 make?

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
He meant a inch more in girth. Sounds like he had to force the fish out of the hole lol.....nice ass fish, Simp......I def hate you :lol:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fordo,
Riv cleared the air on the dilemma. In 5-7 years I doubt that fish is coming thru a 8" hole. It took 3 hands to get her out and I had to be a little forceful with getting her back down.

Fish taped at 43", the pic doesn't show it well cause we lost hold of it while trying to photograph. We were working quick to minimize stress on her. So she went to a weigh bag where my 30# Boga was maxed out. When I ordered it I thought "what a great problem to have if I maxed out the 30#" it was not funny, and thankfully my buddy had a 50# scale handy.

Scale read 33.71 we didn't take the time to weigh her again as I noticed she was experiencing some freeze on her skin. So I said eff it good enough and got her back to the water.

Thanks all for the replies and congrats. Credit to a man on the forum for showing me the light.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Fordo,
Riv cleared the air on the dilemma. In 5-7 years I doubt that fish is coming thru a 8" hole. It took 3 hands to get her out and I had to be a little forceful with getting her back down.

Fish taped at 43", the pic doesn't show it well cause we lost hold of it while trying to photograph. We were working quick to minimize stress on her. So she went to a weigh bag where my 30# Boga was maxed out. When I ordered it I thought "what a great problem to have if I maxed out the 30#" it was not funny, and thankfully my buddy had a 50# scale handy.

Scale read 33.71 we didn't take the time to weigh her again as I noticed she was experiencing some freeze on her skin. So I said eff it good enough and got her back to the water.

Thanks all for the replies and congrats. Credit to a man on the forum for showing me the light.
nice, at 43 and 28 and the way that fish looks i was thinking at least 38 pounds. generally there is a fair amount of air in them so the girth measerments can depend. congrats again one hell of a fish.

·
Registered
427 Posts
That is the ONE! Get a new scale, it's gotta be 5 light

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Simp the king!!!
Badass man
I know that spot... hmmm

1 - 20 of 80 Posts