Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
24,883 Posts
Zman was a no-show. I think he was concerned about the fact hehas been
cursing people and feared for his personal safety. Or it could be the fact he is currently under the self-imposed NEC (new equipment curse)
Nope just my head firmly cranial inserted...I didnt get home from my company Christmas party until 12:30 am Friday night/Saturday morning...meant to get up at 3:45 but must of hit the snooze on my alarm...didnt get up until 4:08...picked Joe up at around 5am...went through the Springs...stopped at the marina at 7:25...bought two bait pucks (cant find them in Denver)...went to Stoll...went by the first lot...parked in the second lot...talked to someone (didnt catch their name)...were there with little boy said they were part of Colorado Fisherman.com...went out on ice from there didnt see anyone I recognized...so I started looking for a pair of flip up tents...Slayer said he was going to Stoll at 6:30...figured he was the pied piper of this soirée...and begin looking for the pair of flip up tents and trademark shades...he also said he would be straight west of Stoll Mountain campground...so Joe and I back tracked north into the bay out from the first parking lot...since it was straight west of the campground and there were two pop over shelters...I just didnt see anyone I recognized and I didnt see Ken's your vehicle...so I hunkered in the back of that bay...I was there when the ice moved a foot around 2pm...there we just more people on the ice than I figured...I didnt get a chance to look at a map before I left (don't fish Eleven Mile regularly)...Dan pointed out that I must have just went left out of the Marina instead of going left out of th entrance to the Marina...so I must of been a lttle east of you guys...sorry...was really looking forward to this and fishing with some of this sites fellow nut jobs (me included)...so I messed up...sleep deprivation or the lights in my head were on but no one was home...Joe and I had fun...but we could of had more fun had we made it to the right spot...Joe hadnt been to Elevenmile in 18 years so he was just following my misguidedness...I will post a fishing report and the interesting conversation I had with the marina owner...

· Registered
24,883 Posts
Our tally for the outing only ended up being two fish...a couple of identical 16 inchers...I dont think we were in the best water...had four other bites...3 of them really light...havent been to Eleven Mile in a few years...we were in 15 feet of water...we tried everything...lazer jigs/kastys/tubes...the only thing we got hits on were a homemade hybrid of mine that is made to resemble a baby rainbow...it was tipped with half a meal worm...PuebloGoldenWiperMan broke one off at the hole that appeared to be 20 inches or better...he is a warm water guy used to using 8 to 10 pound test...was complaining all the way up that I made him put 4 pound line on one of his reels (the one he got all the hits on)...he wasnt used to using it on the first fish and tried to horse him before he was ready...kept telling me to help him...tried to tell him the fish wasnt ready and snap...but he did great on the next one...I will convert him yet...better to have the shot and mess it up then to sit biteless because the fish are staring at the cable cord attached to your lure...after the ice shifted a foot at 2pm we threw our underwear away and hightailed it for Tarryall...we caught a couple of small ones...we were looking for some shelfs in the NE end...never found them...couldnt decide which toilet they were out from on the map and chose poorly (I had a bad day with locations)...we didnt get to Tarryall until about 3:30 and stayed until 5...I think we needed deeper water...caught them in 9 feet...on on a gold kasty and Joe caught his with the baby Rainbow jig tipped with a mealworm...it was a fun day...I will have a Vex report and an interesting one on the ice shifting after talking to Larry at the marina...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.