Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,182 Posts
Cutthroat said:
beerman said:
Pretty damn impressive Cutt. I wouldn't of believed it without seeing it.
But how many of those can you do in a day? My money's still on my 3hp Jiffy.
If I take my time, I cut them in about 30 seconds through 12-15" of ice.  I can cut four one right after another, then I don't need to cut anymore for awhile.  I have cut more than 20 holes in 24"+ of ice at Chambers Lake with that same auger.  With a lazer hand auger, I'm even faster - just don't own one right now (cost twice as much as Mora, but aren't twice as good).

too bad, he didn't get the video of me drilling lots of holes with my power drill connected to a 12V motorcycle battery.  I even did it with an 8" hand auger mounted.  Someone remarked it drilled faster than his 10" gas auger (don't remember who), but he was right.

For all you skeptics who lack faith in hand augers and power drills - Take that!   ;D

It clearly doesn't matter how many holes you can drill, or by what method.  I didn't get a single bite.
Cutt:

It was me with my 10" lazer mag...i do think I need a new blade but still...! Very impressed!

· Registered
2,182 Posts
JohnnyO19 said:
I think the catch of the day was Cutthroat snagging Reg's rod as it was going down the hole :eek:.  That would of been 1 expensive cup of "free" coffee.

What a great day, thanks Ken for everything. Is was nice to put faces with names!

Man, that minor earthquake we had around 2 or so was the loudest thing I've ever felt on the ice. It literally shook evrything.

Here's to good fishing, till we meet @ Granby.

John
What exactly was that 'disturbance'? It made me a tad nervous...It appeared that the ice actually moved upward. Spooky!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.