Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· Registered
180 Posts
thanks for the get together. i wanted to get there so bad i braved -14 with a cold. thanks for the "Hot" Dogs Ken. Though with those temps it was "warm" dogs. i ended up icing 5 and losing 2. got three in 11 ft of water. we started out in 17 ft. got most on a all glow rat finke and the rest on a large green wedding ring jig. all tipped with wax worms. though i tried worms, power bait and meal worms. Cuttrhroat can cut through the ice like a whiz but i still like the power auger. Without any wind it was real nice out there. left at 2:30when the wind finally came up.
those of us that stayed also got checked by the warden. first time ever at 11-mile for me.

· Registered
218 Posts
I originally wasn't going to come, because 11 Mile has always kicked my butt. After taking a small dosage of crap from Johnny O and Cutthroat, I was easily convinced to go. Glad I did. Fishing was a bit slow (wasn't it, Cut?), but great time had by all. Nice to put some faces with all the names. Glad I got to see Trout land that nice trout at the end, too. She was a real honey of a fish.

For the public record, my mangina out fished BOTH Cutthroat and Johnny O (well, John and I both only caught one, but at least my ego can boast that mine was BIGGER!)

So when and where is the next get together? Did I hear somebody say Williams Fork?

And thanks to Ken for dogs and to all who posted the pics!

G

·
Thanks for the great time aT 11 MILE!!!!  For a sport that is often done alone because every one else thinks you  are off your nut{which is the case for sure}.  it was great to fish with other lunatics.  FREE HOT DOGS AND FREE PICS AND COFFEE TO BOOT{even if it  was abit late due to the effects of minus 14 on the coleman fuel] if it would have been 80 degrees you could call it a picnic! I even caught a fish after I moved far enough away from Dan so the curse would not effect me. Thx again

By the way I will issue a call for help closer to Jan. 28 because I volunteered to take a bunch of Boy Scouts and Dads ice fishing.WE have only caught a few fish the last two years we have gone fishing.  I'll need ideas and maybe someone with a power auger who would like to help out. 

Thanks again.  I'm looking forward to seeing everybody at Granby and catching a BIG laker especially since LUNKERLAKER is guiding the trip.

· Registered
935 Posts
It was the best of times.  It was the worst of time.

Great times fishing, but the only time I have ice fished without even a bite.

Thanks for the free coffee, hot dogs, and good times, everyone.

· Premium Member
10,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Here is the other 2 pictures I have...

Reg with his catch. - http://tinypic.com/ipd37c.jpg

Rad with his nice fish.(Sorry my steel trap of a mind is slipping) -http://tinypic.com/ipd3xd.jpg

· Premium Member
10,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ken Broeren said:
That steel trap must have caught both pictures, because you posted the same one twice! :p
I have no idea what your talking about. ;)

· Registered
2,182 Posts
Cutthroat said:
beerman said:
Pretty damn impressive Cutt. I wouldn't of believed it without seeing it.
But how many of those can you do in a day? My money's still on my 3hp Jiffy.
If I take my time, I cut them in about 30 seconds through 12-15" of ice.  I can cut four one right after another, then I don't need to cut anymore for awhile.  I have cut more than 20 holes in 24"+ of ice at Chambers Lake with that same auger.  With a lazer hand auger, I'm even faster - just don't own one right now (cost twice as much as Mora, but aren't twice as good).

too bad, he didn't get the video of me drilling lots of holes with my power drill connected to a 12V motorcycle battery.  I even did it with an 8" hand auger mounted.  Someone remarked it drilled faster than his 10" gas auger (don't remember who), but he was right.

For all you skeptics who lack faith in hand augers and power drills - Take that!   ;D

It clearly doesn't matter how many holes you can drill, or by what method.  I didn't get a single bite.
Cutt:

It was me with my 10" lazer mag...i do think I need a new blade but still...! Very impressed!

· Registered
1,727 Posts
I think the catch of the day was Cutthroat snagging Reg's rod as it was going down the hole :eek:. That would of been 1 expensive cup of "free" coffee.

What a great day, thanks Ken for everything. Is was nice to put faces with names!

Man, that minor earthquake we had around 2 or so was the loudest thing I've ever felt on the ice. It literally shook evrything.

Here's to good fishing, till we meet @ Granby.

John

· Registered
867 Posts
yea I had a good time out there doesnt look like that many ppl did that well ....to bad but oh well what can ya do....THX again Ken for the hotdogs afishman thx again for the ride..johnny thx for the beer bro I really needed one at that moment as i was starting to get discouraged and that hit the spot...Cpt hook thx for lettin me use your vex for awhile so I could catch one but it just wasnt my day.... however I love gettin out there and fishin with folks from the forum 2nd get together I have been to and cant wait till grandy as I have a little more experience there then I do 11 mile so maybe ill be able to catch me a few up there!!

· Registered
935 Posts
lucky7 said:
Cutt:

It was me with my 10" lazer mag...i do think I need a new blade but still...!  Very impressed!
You aughta see what happens when I hook it up to the correct voltage, rather than running the 14.4 V drill on a 12 V battery.  Sometimes it startles me how quickle it bites into the ice.  In white ice and combination (white & clear), the setup really flies through -  and my drill is really about the minimum torque you want to use for augering ice.

· Premium Member
10,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Pit and Afish how'd you guys do at Tarryall?

· Registered
979 Posts
i managed one small rainbow but cpt hook did pretty well and some guys that got there before us limited out in about 10 minutes. it just was not our day. but we had a great time hanging out with everyone.

· Registered
2,182 Posts
JohnnyO19 said:
I think the catch of the day was Cutthroat snagging Reg's rod as it was going down the hole :eek:.  That would of been 1 expensive cup of "free" coffee.

What a great day, thanks Ken for everything. Is was nice to put faces with names!

Man, that minor earthquake we had around 2 or so was the loudest thing I've ever felt on the ice. It literally shook evrything.

Here's to good fishing, till we meet @ Granby.

John
What exactly was that 'disturbance'? It made me a tad nervous...It appeared that the ice actually moved upward. Spooky!

G

·
JohnnyO19 said:
I think the catch of the day was Cutthroat snagging Reg's rod as it was going down the hole :eek:.  That would of been 1 expensive cup of "free" coffee.
Sounds like Reg needs a Rod Saver from High Country! ;D

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.