Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· Registered
867 Posts
I didnt get nothin at terryall I couldnt figure it out i dont know what my problem was on sat.....I did try new line on sat but im not sure if that was it or not i used 2 other poles with different line then I had and nothin so whos to say....wasnt my day.....wasnt my day at all

· Registered
297 Posts
lucky7 said:
JohnnyO19 said:
I think the catch of the day was Cutthroat snagging Reg's rod as it was going down the hole :eek:.  That would of been 1 expensive cup of "free" coffee.

What a great day, thanks Ken for everything. Is was nice to put faces with names!

Man, that minor earthquake we had around 2 or so was the loudest thing I've ever felt on the ice. It literally shook evrything.

Here's to good fishing, till we meet @ Granby.

John
What exactly was that 'disturbance'?  It made me a tad nervous...It appeared that the ice actually moved upward. Spooky!
I thought it was pretty cool, reminded me of a good ol' Antero earthquake

· Registered
24,883 Posts
Our tally for the outing only ended up being two fish...a couple of identical 16 inchers...I dont think we were in the best water...had four other bites...3 of them really light...havent been to Eleven Mile in a few years...we were in 15 feet of water...we tried everything...lazer jigs/kastys/tubes...the only thing we got hits on were a homemade hybrid of mine that is made to resemble a baby rainbow...it was tipped with half a meal worm...PuebloGoldenWiperMan broke one off at the hole that appeared to be 20 inches or better...he is a warm water guy used to using 8 to 10 pound test...was complaining all the way up that I made him put 4 pound line on one of his reels (the one he got all the hits on)...he wasnt used to using it on the first fish and tried to horse him before he was ready...kept telling me to help him...tried to tell him the fish wasnt ready and snap...but he did great on the next one...I will convert him yet...better to have the shot and mess it up then to sit biteless because the fish are staring at the cable cord attached to your lure...after the ice shifted a foot at 2pm we threw our underwear away and hightailed it for Tarryall...we caught a couple of small ones...we were looking for some shelfs in the NE end...never found them...couldnt decide which toilet they were out from on the map and chose poorly (I had a bad day with locations)...we didnt get to Tarryall until about 3:30 and stayed until 5...I think we needed deeper water...caught them in 9 feet...on on a gold kasty and Joe caught his with the baby Rainbow jig tipped with a mealworm...it was a fun day...I will have a Vex report and an interesting one on the ice shifting after talking to Larry at the marina...

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.