Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am watching a special on the Animal Channel about wild Ferrel hogs. They have cross bread with Euasian Boars and have exploded fron 1 million pigs to an estimated 6 million? They have bad attitudes, big tusks and can reach 4-500 lbs. They also can have three litters in 14 months. They are now in almost 40 states, thanks to "Cage Biologists" :(

They are interviewing all these people who have bee attacked or had their property overrun by them. It is fascinating!! This one hunter has had 14 dogs killed! Hunters are having a hey day, but aren't even putting a dent in them ???

If I lived in a rural area around these things, I would have at least a 44 mag or 45 Long Colt on my hip at all times!! Rifles would be even better!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,877 Posts
Whew! For a minute there I thought you had spilled the beans about the surprise "entertainment" for Zman's retirement party. :D

Glad the secret is safe. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Whew! For a minute there I thought you had spilled the beans about the surprise "entertainment" for Zman's retirement party. :D

Glad the secret is safe. ;D
Short for Ruffe's :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,509 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Whew! For a minute there I thought you had spilled the beans about the surprise "entertainment" for Zman's retirement party. :D

Glad the secret is safe. ;D
Z was prereserving the right to get up and leave weeks ago...Z will just imagine he is on the dam at Atown and sees lightning...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzoom...gone...
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
I wonder if they taste good?
My brother in law hunts hogs in CA and javelina in AZ. I've had carni asada made out of javelina and it was great. I'll bet all these critters are fine if you cook them the right way (long and slow) but I'll bet you couldn't whack off a few chops and expect great things.

They are all some tough f'n animals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,799 Posts
There was another show on that covered the companys that come in and remove the pigs from neighborhoods etc. Pretty cool just a few guys, handful of pitbulls and a bowie knife to kill the pigs. They also followed another company in Texas that used a monster great dane, the owner siad her dog could handle pigs up to 300lbs by himself bad ass dog.
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Trout said:
There was another show on that covered the companys that come in and remove the pigs from neighborhoods etc. Pretty cool just a few guys, handful of pitbulls and a bowie knife to kill the pigs. They also followed another company in Texas that used a monster great dane, the owner siad her dog could handle pigs up to 300lbs by himself bad ass dog.
I saw that. Those dogs have ginormous heubos to go in there with no hesitation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,547 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
I wonder if they taste good?
They taste hella good, especially the babies. We had them on our property when I was kid, and my orders were to shoot on sight. If we could get down there and butcher them, great, if not, that was fine two. I dispatched three piglets marching in file with a single shot. >:D Yeah, I know, big deal, but I got a chuckle out of it!

The scuttlebutt from my relations in Michigan is that the 'Nuge got run out on a rail after his hogs escaped this exotic animal execution fortress and started causing havoc. Dude has issues... ::)

SS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,547 Posts
Captain America said:
SLAYERFISH said:
I wonder if they taste good?
...I've had carni asada made out of javelina and it was great...
Javelina and peccary are not near as tasty (or as destructive!) as ferrel hogs. The hogs do great damage to the land, the others are well suited (weather you think evolved or designed, it can not be argued that they have lived in harmony with the landscape for many, many years)

SS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,599 Posts
I hunt them regularly in Pakistan.....We cornered about 20 plus animals and went Scarface with our Kalashnikovs. At the end of the night we had 18 hogs. The babies are kind of cute. Some of the younger animals were donated to various European embassies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
436 Posts
I watched that show and i kept thinking free barbeque running around/ WTF?
That is not a problem.
Classify them as game species/ or varmit with liberal liscenses, low fees and high limits.

I know when visiting Miss the hogs are killed on sight.

On that show it seemed like they kept showing the same short video clips.
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
ZEBCO said:
I watched that show and i kept thinking free barbeque running around/ WTF?
That is not a problem.
Classify them as game species/ or varmit with liberal liscenses, low fees and high limits.

I know when visiting Miss the hogs are killed on sight.

On that show it seemed like they kept showing the same short video clips.
Varmints, that is an awesome idea!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top