Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to go ice fish for sure just debating if I should target pike which I've never done or caught at 11 mile or try antero for some trout since I havent fished antero for a couple years?? I would like to try chat field but the weather Makes it sketchy so I don't think I'll try it

·
Registered
902 Posts
pike fishing aint easy. antero has been raped pretty hard after they lifted the limits to 8 fish. what day you planning on going? probably gonna go out sat morning to antero.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably head out tomorrow, Thursday, that's why I was debating because antero I haven't heard too good of stuff and like aren't the easiest to catch especially not knowing where to target at 11mile, I'm thinking 11mile is the goin to be the winner simply because if anything I have a chance at some trout

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
they can all be hard to fish. having a good lure, and plan will help on any of those lakes.
imo, anteros easiest. 11mile has the better quality and size, but can be quite difficult at times.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Both places have been "hard" this season in my opinion.

I have caught fish at Antero by being early and walking out past where the crowds fish. brought home 6 one time and 3 another time....but keep what you catch (it might be all you catch). 11 mile has produce no northerns (pike) for me (there my favorite fish thru the ice) we saw a few that I wished would bite. My son and his buddy have caught a few trout (nothing for me) mostly they have been small.

keep us posted Mikinaak

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Why wouldn't you hit eleven mile for pike and trout? I've had some killer trout days at eleven mile, although I haven't iced it this season.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Both places have been "hard" this season in my opinion.

I have caught fish at Antero by being early and walking out past where the crowds fish. brought home 6 one time and 3 another time....but keep what you catch (it might be all you catch). 11 mile has produce no northerns (pike) for me (there my favorite fish thru the ice) we saw a few that I wished would bite. My son and his buddy have caught a few trout (nothing for me) mostly they have been small.

keep us posted Mikinaak
(This Year)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts