Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo Im planning on heading up to eleven mile this weekend and I want to try for pike. Probably going to try my luck at witchers cove, my only problem is I dont know a good set up or what I should/could sucker meat or waterdogs, use steel leader or no leader, braid with flouro leader?? Ive never caught a pike sadly so im a little lost when it comes to them, thanks.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
This I think has been addressed a few times you might try the advanced search function and you will short cut your wait...sorry I dont fish for pike...caught too many of the little green bastards with teeth in minnesota...

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I am a pike snob, I could talk about them for hours. I never use steel, #40 or so fluoro does me fine. Frozen suckers, shiners, chovies, fresh MRT

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Don't stick yer wang in their grill.

Do keep a ready supply in buckets.

Don't ask for ID help when you catch one.

Do toss them on the bank at Ladora.

Don't ask me how to remove the Y bones.

Do use your regular bass tackle for them.

Don't ask why Colorado hates them.

Do be thankful for stocker trout.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Don't stick yer wang in their grill.

Do keep a ready supply in buckets.

Don't ask for ID help when you catch one.

Do toss them on the bank at Ladora.

Don't ask me how to remove the Y bones.

Do use your regular bass tackle for them.

Don't ask why Colorado hates them.

Do be thankful for stocker trout.
why toss them on the bank at ladora?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
There are W-A-Y too many for there to be any recruitment of bass. They are stunted and overpopulated. The big bass that could hold their own are dying out from old age and the little fish can't move up. The lake sucks now compared to ten years ago.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
7-Up + Pike + Dipped in butter = Delicious, I'm telling ya, you'll never look at a pike the same way again!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts