Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
I've done it that way, seen the same instructions in the Fishing Close to home book. It turned out ok, it seems if I leave 1 bone in the meat the wife finds it no matter what kind of fish.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This method seems to waste a lot of meat but it is simple. I've watched about 20 different Youtube videos and the best I've ever seen is "How to debone a Northern Pike..." by Gordon Makara. I've never seen anybody more professional and quick filleting a Northern. But Makara's method does take a lot of practice, unfortunately I haven't caught enough pike to get good at filleting. The guy filleting at the Pike tournament each September at 11-Mile is also very good.

·
Registered
803 Posts
This method seems to waste a lot of meat but it is simple. I've watched about 20 different Youtube videos and the best I've ever seen is "How to debone a Northern Pike..." by Gordon Makara. I've never seen anybody more professional and quick filleting a Northern. But Makara's method does take a lot of practice, unfortunately I haven't caught enough pike to get good at filleting. The guy filleting at the Pike tournament each September at 11-Mile is also very good.
I'll have to try it, looks like little waste.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts