Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know i have never caught a pike or musky before so i was over at Sportsmans Wharehouse in the springs for a couple of reasons one was lookin for a bow for elk season and the other at the " toy section" for us on this site when they announced a pike fishing seminar and all i can say is wow those guys where informative learned alot today and think that i might just be able to catch a few now just thought i would let you guys know

jason

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the way they were talking it sounds like suspenders and slow rolled spinners are the way to go and that aint know joke they were at skagway yesterday and had footage and holy cow are there some pics in there oh yeah and i mean real slow on the retreive almost painfully slow

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
apparently they forgot to mention the best pike lure in the world, the buzzbait. Did they mention it at all? So, is this skaguay a good pike lake? How big were the ones they caught?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they mentioned it for later season use and the smallest was 39 in and fat the biggest was 2 inches shy of state record lol or so they said

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
nice! I saw some state records recently but couldn't get em to hit. Glad they mentioned the buzzbait for later in the season use. Nothing more fun than a big ole pike on a buzzer.

·
Registered
247 Posts
TFB

Skagway is ok to fish but i am not so sure its worth your time to drive there, since your on the west side. The pike i have caught there were all under 20 inches. There are some big ones in there, but i think 11 mile or spinney would be a better trip (if your after size). Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
TFB, skaguay is in no way better then most of the pike fishing on the western slope... Last year someone on here posted a picture of a 42" monster that came out of there. But it is a rarity, mostly small ones like Rome mentioned are caught there.
Honestly I wouldnt even drive to 11-mile or Spinney for pike if I lived as close as you guys to the pike fishing you have available. Unless I just wanted a change of scenes, or was moving to Denver to go to school. ;)

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
ePiC said:
Unless I just wanted a change of scenes, or was moving to Denver to go to school. ;)
Mines, so golden........ ;D
Thanks 4 the info. I need to find some pike when I am over there...it's only 13 months until I graduate high school

1 - 9 of 9 Posts