Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some new streamers and wanted to throw them at the northerns on Spinney. Well, I did, bur nor so much as a swirl. Decided to try trolling crank baits. Trolled the lake for 4-5 hours and caught 2 small northerns and 1 small rainbow. What is going on with the northern pike fishing? I talked to 4 other guys and no one caught a thing. Water temp was 53-57 degrees. It was windy and scattered clouds. Should have been a banner day. Gonna try Elevenmile next week, but not very optimistic.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Nah man. The spinney pike are eating the perch.
Check out tightlines Facebook. They’re getting into them. But troooooolling

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Pike are not the kind of fish you just go catch because they should eat. They are window eaters and they are moody as hell. If you didn't catch any on a banner day, location was the most likely issue... I have found that when things are slow, I move a LOT. The fish will not just appear in an area void. I move and move until I get a follow or a hit and then take note of exactly what happened to get that. It's amazing how often I can call out catching a fish because it's all coming together and fish are moving. Next time, don't spend more than 15 min in any area you don't get a follow or a hit. Move to different types of structure and try different water columns. While this is no guarantee, it will help.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
As always, that there is some golden advice, Oyey.

My friends call me impatient. I tell them I'm experienced enough and look for certain situations. Situation fishing. I'm all about it. If it ain't there, move on. More than likely it's going on somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts