Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready for some pike fishin this spring and was trying to tie up some flies. Any suggestions on some flies for pike?

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Bunny flies work well and they are really simple to tie. Get regular zonker strips and put one or two for the tail , then get the crosscut zonkers for wraping the collar. One thing that I've been told about my early attempts at tying these was that I was using a short hook and that would lead to more sawed off flies. See how this one is tied farther back on the hook to try and keep the fishes teeth off your line.

http://www.uksaltwaterflies.com/images/Rainys_Black_Death.jpg

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the pictures...I have tied a few, which look alright, but I didn't think about leaving room on the front of the hook to make sure they don't just chomp off the fly. Will have to start tying them that way.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Kimo said:
KoldKut,
You should know that EP's products are mostly segments of synthetic rope that have been "brushed out".

Kimo
Dang dude, You didn't need to tell me that, now I'm starting to feel a write-up coming on.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Yo, KK what would it take to get ya to tie up some of those 6" rainbows for one of the swaps brotha!!! Sweet tie man...

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Oyey said:
Yo, KK what would it take to get ya to tie up some of those 6" rainbows for one of the swaps brotha!!! Sweet tie man...
If I could find the hooks(3/0 Saltwater) cheaper it wouldn't be a thing. I was thinking of hosting a large streamer swap later in the year if there is enough intrest(3" or longer streamers). I don't want to get in the way of someone else's opportunity to host a swap.

S

·
0 Posts
Speaking of Puglisi, you outta try the Black EP Fiber on your buggers ;) ;) Its got black, purple and a touch of red all blended together. And a little seal dubbing wouldnt hurt either...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts